Cornwalls- how do I sell them?

kingcongo

Help, I'm new to this site (today)and not sure how to sell some speakers. I have a pair of 1983 Klipsch Cornwalls in exc. condition. I am the original owner. I know eBay is an option but the shipping has to be costly for these. I live in Colorado. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does this forum have or do you know of any links where you can list Klipsch speakers for sale. Thanks, G

What you just did is fine (there is no "For Sale" forum here, although it'd probably be a great idea). Most members post their Klipsch either here or on the "2-Channel" forum, and any interested members can either post their intentions on the thread, or they'll either PM or e-mail you personally.

It would be nice to give a full description of your Cornwalls, with year, serial numbers, and condition of cabinets/drivers/crossovers, and any mods you may have done. Post as many pictures as you can so potential buyers can see the goods! And give us your price or best offer figure.

Good luck in selling your Cornwalls. You may just find a buyer right here, and in your neck of the woods!

I just bought a pair of '83 cornwalls from a forum member in my area who posted them for sale right here. Although this is a bad time of the year to sell, Jim is correct in stating that the more pictures and details you give (serial #s, finish, history, etc.), the better chance you'll have. Ebay is a hassle as shipping can be a real drag with these beasts.

Good luck.

I bought a pair in excellent playing condition and fair condition on the outside 6/10 for $600 about 4 months ago. I saw a pair on Ebay a few weeks ago sell for about $1100. I guess it depends on where you are and who is wanting them and also the condition. Condition for most is probably the biggest factor. Post pictures and numbers here and in the 2 channel forum and you should be able to sell them without much problem. Lots of the forum guys love the speakers so much that they will drive a good ways to pick them up rather than trust them to shipping. I drove about 1000 miles round trip for mine. Good luck. You are going to miss them.

You canadians come up with the best answers. I appreciate your thoughtful insight on selling speakers. I could tell you spent a lot of time and energy to come up with your response. You are brilliant! Thanks too for letting us know where you reside eh!!!

Why thank you! It was sarcasm, in case you didn't quite figure it out. I could have written plenty of instructions on how to sell, but why? How about your local paper? Buy/sell newsletter? Free ads on the net? Would you like someone to sell them for you? Is marketing a skill or just a buzzword?

"Thanks for the reply, How much are Cornwalls selling for and when is the best time to sell them? G I like the Dead symbol. They are in town. Thanks again"

The cornwalls, like any other commodity sells according to the supply and demand laws. If they are in high demand, then they sell quickly for a few more bucks. If the supply is high, and demand is low, then you might be sitting on them for a while, or accept a lower offer.