need woofers for heresy E

gcallfas

hey guys newbie here,i got a pair of heresy E series speakers and i blew a woofer and i can't find any info. on these i don't know the year or anything they were sounding great for about 5 years i'm running a carver

m-0.5t amp and a carver c-1 sonic hologram pre-amp,and maybe thats too much for them but i still want them to work again any help would be much needed...thank you gcallfas

Welcome on board

If you post the serial number... we can tell you what the correct woofer is... or you can open the cabinet and it'll be on the units label. If it's a Heresy I it'll probably be a K-22 woofer with perhaps an "E" or "EF" at the end (K-22-E or K-22-EF). These are no longer available from Klipsch... they only have the newer K-28 woofer for about 80$ which is now the standard Heresy II unit. You can call klipsch at 1-800-KLIPSCH and ask for the parts dept.

Check out the following thread: Anyone have a K-22 For Sale???

Other options are finding some on Ebay, here, or getting the original unit reconed. These are great little speakers worth the effort...

Good luck...

Rob

thanks for your help again guys whats the diff. between the 22-e and the 22-ef? i only paid $65.00 5 yrs ago for this pair of speakers so i figure there worth dumping a bit of $ back into em. sorry for so may ? but might anyone know what a pair of these klipsh are going for theses days i think they're the original grills and the cabinets are in ok shape ......... thx agian....gcallfas

They go for $300 to $500 on ebay plus shipping which can run from $50-$100 add'l. A lot depends on the condition, the components and how close competitive bidders are to the seller. If you paid only $65 for the pair and they are in good condition, they are well worth repairing.

The previously mentioned pair of Heresy woofers are still on ebay - high bid is$5.50 for the pair! I've seen them go for over $100. Since a new one would cost $80 why not put a bid in for the pair - place a high bid for slightly over $100 and you may get lucky and get the matched pair - you could then sell your spare or keep it as backup.

The previously mentioned pair of Heresy woofers are still on ebay - high bid is$5.50 for the pair! I've seen them go for over $100. Since a new one would cost $80 why not put a bid in for the pair - place a high bid for slightly over $100 and you may get lucky and get the matched pair - you could then sell your spare or keep it as backup.

A while back I ordered a pair of woofers from Klipsch Parts. They mentioned that they no longer carried the Heresy I woofer, but the Heresy II woofer, which is designated differently would be a drop in substitute with not enough difference to notice.

----------------

On 6/20/2004 3:03:02 AM gcallfas wrote:

twhats the diff. between the 22-e and the 22-ef?

----------------

The K-22 is the model number while the last letters like E or EF represent the manufacturer of the driver. Klipsch, at the time, subcontracted out the manufacturing of the actual drivers and the letters represented the source. As far as I know, "E" was Emminence... I'm not sure who EF was though.

The specs of the driver were supplied Klipsch, so the actual manufacturer is of lesser importance. All the K-22 are technically interchangeable but Klipsch did change the specs slightly over the years.

Later...

Rob

well i got the woofers off ebay,they're 22r if that makes a diff. and with shipping and insur. i paid $44.29 for the pair,so if they're in good shape like he claims,sounds like i might have got a good deal...thanks again for all your help...gcallfas