New Beastie Boys

MasterT

They pulled the Roland 808 back out of the closet. I haven't heard beats like that since Licenced...

As much as I have enjoyed the Bboys over the years (as much as anyone!) I can't take the political commentary on the new album.14.gif

They should stick to the Brass Monkey and White Castle references.

From the beastie boys site:

http://beastieboys.com/news.php

1. There is NO copy controlled software on US or UK releases of Beastie Boys' "To the 5 Boroughs."

2. The disk *IS* copy controlled in Europe - which is standard policy for all

Capitol/EMI titles (and a policy used by ALL major labels in Europe).

3. The copy protection system used for all EMI/Capitol releases including "To the 5 Boroughs" is Macrovision's CDS-200, which sets up an audio player into the users RAM (not hard drive) to playback the RED book audio on the disk. It does absolutely NOT install any kind of spyware, shareware, silverware, or ladies wear onto the users system."

• 3 weeks later...

I personally thought it was Way inferior to their previous work. I tend to ignore the political rhetoric on their albums the same as on Rage Against the Machine albums, so that didn't bother me much. I just didn't find this one as musically interesting as in the past. Changing tastes, maybe.

Later,

Tommy C.