wtb klipsch used on a 300$ budget

marcelin

any thought on which ones I should be looking for?

to be used on a 2 way system

marantz sr4000

is 300$ enough? will my old amp not give justice to anything more expensive?

I was thinking about looking for sb3, ksb 3.1, maybe rb5?

sorry if the question seem dumb as I am new at this. I have heard so much about klipsch I want a pair of my own!

thank you all16.gif

The RB-5s, used, are a great value - terrific speakers, although if they are your only speakers you may find them lacking in bass.

Look at used KG4 speakers. There are many pairs on Ebay, and you can get them for less than $300 including shipping. They will surprise you with the amount of clean music they put out, and still have some kicking bass.

I second the drakes post. KG4's. Fantastic entry into the world of Klipsch. Will cover any and all musical tastes. Plenty of bass. Great value. Work well with SS amplification and can be utilized with higher-powered tube amplification. My first Klipsch speakers. Be prepared to be hooked.

Welcome, I'm a big fan of the KG 3.5's, very clean and detailed and will fit your budget. Nice bass also. I have a Marantz 2015, which is basically a baby Marantz. I cycle it into my 3.5 system about once a month and it's a good match.

If you can stretch your budget a little higher you should consider either the KG 5.2 or KG 5.5. I'll get an argument from some but if you're going used the KG series is excellent bang for the buck.

The main concern with Klipsch is not wattage, they can be powered to ear bleeding levels with a candle. To some ears, though, they can sound "bright" or harsh in the upper levels, so the "warmer" sounding the amp the better they match with Klipsch. After you get the speakers there's plenty of suggestions already here from Members that will lead you to other amp/receiver choices should the Marantz not meet your own personal listening tastes.

KG4 wins over RB5, in my book, if all you want to spend is $300 (leaves you $50 for some CDs and speaker wire). The KG4 was about $600 when it was new, in mid 80s. That's about, what, $1000 today? I dunno. But with the KG4 you will get significant bass which will be missing from RB5s.

If I had money for it, between the 2 I'd possibly get the RB5 and a sub 'cause the RB5 are beautiful with the cherry finish, and easier to put on a shelf 9.gif

I select KG4's any day over RB5s. I am in the camp that believes the quality of the 'older' Klipsch was better. In my opinion, it also had more character.

KG4 or Heresy? If you have a tube amp and the price is close, I take the Heresy while recognizing it is not as strong in the bass. As a 'first' Klipsch, I still favor the KG4 strongly.