OT - A rather ominous virus warning

Cleve

As a drinker of the MSFT KoolAide I might be offended by that ;)

MSFT is such an easy target so its easy to rough them up. Any platform has its benefits and disadvantages, IE happens to have some security holes...

Mozilla runs horribly on most windows machines, because of all the stuff they put in the complete Mozilla product. However, their rendering engine is top notch so some of the browsers that use their engine without including the other fluff, such as Galleon, are really a best of both worlds choice. Such is the advantage of open source.

But like I said I use IE because I drink the KoolAide.

I use Mozilla on XP home and it is kind of buggy, but only in very specific cases. The only time I really have trouble with it is when its trying to handle Java applets. Itll freeze up the browswer maybe about 25% of the time... so I try to steer clear of those. Otherwise, I preferr it over IE. No need for an extra pop-up blocker either!

The Java problem is a known bug and the work-around is pretty simple which is to donwload and install the latest Java reader. Go to Mozilla's home, fiddle around and you'll find details and a link to the download.

Damon, I hear what you say, the full version can be a smidge slower on some computers, but it crashes less then IE, and if you ever take Firefox (mailess browser) for a spin you'll probably end up turning in your notice.