1984 KLIPSCHORN IDENTIFICATION

lunaguy

1984 I believe was the transition point to the AK crossover network, I think they were still using the K-55V but they may have K-55M midranges in them. They should still have the metal K-400 horns, the K-77M square magnet tweeters. If you are compelled to open the woofer trap doors on the side they should have the K-33E woofers in them. If any drivers have an "R" stamped on them that means that they have been replaced with a refurbished one from Klipsch. Good luck, I am certain that you will be happy. The parts for them are still readily available. Welcome to the forum.

----------------

On 7/1/2004 7:18:48 AM Frzninvt wrote:

1984 I believe was the transition point to the AK crossover network, I think they were still using the K-55V but they may have K-55M midranges in them. They should still have the metal K-400 horns, the K-77M square magnet tweeters. If you are compelled to open the woofer trap doors on the side they should have the K-33E woofers in them. If any drivers have an "R" stamped on them that means that they have been replaced with a refurbished one from Klipsch. Good luck, I am certain that you will be happy. The parts for them are still readily available. Welcome to the forum.

----------------

I bought 79KHorns from a man in Nov. 1990 and he had recently updated them with AK-2 networks and K55M. I noticed the "R" stamped on the K55M drivers so I called Ginney who handled the parts questions at Klipsch at that time(Great Person and would go out of her way to help you like every one I ever talked to at Klipsch) and she told me the "R" meant that the driver was a replacement part and those carried less waranty than the orginal drivers but they are "New Parts" not rebuilt.

mike1.gif