Klipsch Plaque... Good Idea

Thors1982

I have a really good Idea for the Klipsch Plaque but I am having some problems pulling it off.

I own full Reference 7 system Cherry on most of it Black Surrounds. I want to attach the Klipsch Plaque to a piece of Cherry wood roughly 14*9 (anything near that will by fine). Plus with Copper Screws (hopefully will match the copper color of the cones + Klipsch Logo on the Plaque.

Anyone know a good place to get a Cheap Piece of Cherry wood that Size that would match the speakers, obviously I could get one custom made... but I don't want to spend a whole lot afterall its going with a $20 plastic Klipsch Plaque :-p Also, do you think real copper screws will match the Copper color of the Plastic Logo (If I knew a store that actually sold copper screws I could go compare.... but I have only found them online).

Pretty good there, Tom! Yeah, Trey's had a build-up of Klipsch plaque since they switched to the thicker Monster floss...

As far as the chunk of cherry (14" X 9"?), I would look for a cabinet door. At many home centers (home depot, etc) you can order doors in a variety of sizes and styles. If you want to go ultra-cheap (now yer talkin' MY language), check at these same places for older display doors they may have kiching around in the back. Kitchen & Bath design shops would be another good source for this.

For the screws, I'd use steel ones and just spray paint them copper.

Fini,

Try any of the local home center type stores for your wood. For copper colored screws I recently had good luck with coloring those screw heads copper color with a brown marker, let each layer dry then add another for a deeper color.

Pat

That plaque is really, well, kinda low-rent. I mean the speakers themselves are presumabley right in the room, they can speak for themselves.

Besides, making a display of what you own, aside from the inherant display of the device's own quiet presence, is tacky. Puts me in mind of those hideous couches with built-in recliners and cup-holders; people making their front-room look like an Elkhart Indiana conversion van.

I think a trophy shop would usually have some pre-finished stock you could use. Also, have seen this kind of stock at Michael's and Hobby Lobby in the framing area.

On screws, I think black would probably be the easiest and you wouldn't have to worry about the match on the sign or screw head copper.

----------------

On 7/2/2004 1:56:09 PM TBrennan wrote:

That plaque is really, well, kinda low-rent. I mean the speakers themselves are presumabley right in the room, they can speak for themselves.

Besides, making a display of what you own, aside from the inherant display of the device's own quiet presence, is tacky. Puts me in mind of those hideous couches with built-in recliners and cup-holders; people making their front-room look like an Elkhart Indiana conversion van.

----------------

With all due respect, just because you don't like it doesn't mean that nobody else should do it. Fine. Don't display any plagues or anything in your room, but if somebody else wants to do it, hey, it's thier room. 1.gif

Steven---Oh, I know it's their room, Thank God.2.gif

But really, I think this forum needs more talk about decorating, furniture, fabrics and stuff like that.

When I marry soon I'll be moving into my girlfriend's condo in a 1906 Arts and Crafts style building. 10' ceilings, stained glass windows, lots of exposed wood, beamed ceilings. I'm gonna have to find some Praire Style loudspeakers if I want large ones.

Did Frank Lloyd Wright design any speakers?1.gif

----------------

On 7/2/2004 4:49:39 PM TBrennan wrote:

Did Frank Lloyd Wright design any speakers?
1.gif

----------------

Not that I am aware of! 2.gif I've been to Falling Waters in PA myself as well as a couple of other places (The Praire House in WI). No speakers that I saw. Given the simple lines and contemporary looks that I've seen in a lot of F.L.W's work, I'd willing to bet something like a pair of Cornwalls would fit in well, with it's very simple looks.