Refinsh Cornwall cabs?

Royster

As many of you know, I picked up a set of corns for a great price. The orig owner "finished" the raw birch. He basicly stained and varneshed them (looks like do do IMO). I want to do a proper job in bringing them tolife. Any experiences, advice, info or other? The serial numbers are 19T152 & 19T155.

regards,

Roy

I bought a pair of Heresy's that were raw birch that were stained - it was impossible to make them look good no matter what I tried. I finally re-veneered them - it was MUCH easier than I expected and the results are fantastic! In fact, my Heresy's look virtually new. I am very happy with them.

Hope this helps,

Milton

Roy,

I have veneered both my birch Heresys and Klipschorns with excellent results. Making 45s on the fronts is a real piece of cake with veneer banding. For a nice article on veneering see greg's blog at:

http://www.dcchomes.com/Heresy.html

Greg has also done a beautiful pair of rosewood Khorns and 2 pairs of Lascalas. He does a lot more work on those Heresys than is normally required in turning them into "designer" style to match Gary's zebra Cornwalls. Search is down right now but Jordan (jorgen) has a nice thread on veneering his speakers also.

Rick