Any opinions on the Onkyo TX-NR900?

D-Rex

Is it worth $770 which would include shipping and handling? How does it sound with the Klipsch Reference compared to a Denon?

I know "sound" is relative to ones taste but just give me an opinion if you have one. I am wanting to concentrate on HT but music is also important (probably 60/40.)

Thanks,

D-Rex

What I like about it is that it can connect to my home computer and I can play either stations off the internet or my MP3 collection. They are claiming this is a feature exclusive to Onkyo which I haven't seen another with that feature.

Anyone know about how the Onkyo compares to the Denons, etc. or how they interact with the Klipsch Reference series?

Thanks,

D-Rex

I have owned the 656,777,898,they sounded rather sterile and cold(imo) compared to the 3802/03/05.The Onkyos were reliable as are the Denons so its a matter of personal preference.

I second what Fish said. They seemed super thin and sterile and cold on cd playback. But they kick some major butt on dvd playback. I don't know what they do. It's like they store the power just for the hometheater side of it. They will make your hairs stand up on end with the highs, and I noticed more surround detail. Without any distortion just blood dripping out of your ears. T3 sounded incredible with my old onkyo. It didn't seem so dynamic with my denon. I prefer denon though because it just sounds better musically to my ears. I want to add that my onkyo dvd player sounded this way also at first, but now I wouldn't get rid of it for another brand. It sounds really good now for some reason. Plus my brother had an onkyo that was smooth as butter with music. I think the more you play onkyo the better it gets. It starts to smooth out with this tremendous detail.