Denon 2803 w/RF-7's ???

slowjoe24

Denons are great units, no doubt about it. I will give my "you need to at least go listen to this" recommendation for the Marantz SR7400. I absolutely love mine. I paid $799 for mine, so you should be able to get it out of the door for $800 if you whine enough. Go check it out and see what you think.

John

----------------

On 7/10/2004 11:05:57 PM slowjoe24 wrote:

Thanks for the info. How about the 2805? Is it better w/100W per ch.? It also gives the Auto EQ feature with the Mic. Anybody using 2805 with RF-7's

BTW my budget is $800.00 Max!! (Out the door) Joe

----------------

For that $800, you may be able to score yourself a 3803 instead of a 2803, if you are not dead-set on getting the lastest and greatest, since the 3803 has now been superseded by the 3805. The remote is alot better than on the 2803, plus you get more power and so forth. I'v used an even older 3802 on my RF-7s and it sounded fantastic. I still have it, but it is now acting as a pre/pro, although I do still have one pair of my surrounds hooked up to it.

I am unsure of the value of the auto eq feature. I have the 3805 which did not come with the mic. From what I understand the 2805 comes with one. To save some greenbacks, go with the 2803 and set it up with your ears or an decible meter. I think you will enjoy the Denon vs others. It is just a mater of taste and expense. Wish I had the RF7s. Enjoy.