KG 5.2

Rdmarsiii

Hey all, Im fixin to pick me up a pair of these in about two weeks. What should I be expecting out of them? How do they sound against my heresys? How is the low, mids, and highs on them? On paper, they look great, but how are they in real life? Thanks, David

Had a pair of 5.2's as my mains for about two months now. These are three ways, with a big honkin passive radiator. Compared to my Kg. 3.5's (sorry I only have several KG's to compare them to) they are much better on the top end-less ssssss's on female singers voices. Great soundstage, mellow mids and thumpin bass.

Depending on your room etc. try them first about 2 feet from the wall, spaced about 7 feet apart from center, with your listening position about two feet from the wall. No toe in. Adjust from there. My problem is a small room so I can't bring them out enough. The result is a slight "boominess" from that radiator.

Work great with both tubes and SS. Congrats. You'll love them.

PS. If you've got one, throw the sub away, you won't need it.

Hi,

It is going on 10 years or so with my 4.2's and it has been enjoyable from the beginning. Very soft music to the really loud stuff flows easily from them. They have alway's been hooked up to a Denon 45wpc Reciever with excellent reliability and sound. Lately seperates have been looking pretty interesting to me for I would almost bet it would sound even better. Since visiting this Forum I have found tube equipment may also sound excellent.

Good luck & enjoy......3.gif ....Pat

----------------

On 7/13/2004 6:34:09 PM thebes wrote:

Had a pair of 5.2's as my mains for about two months now. These are three ways, with a big honkin passive radiator.

----------------

I hate to tell you this, but the 5.2's are NOT 3-ways. All they have is a horn tweeter, one 10" woofer, and a 12" passive radiator.

Don't get me wrong though, these are excellent sounding speakers, and they do pound out the bass! You won't be disappointed with them.

----------------

On 7/13/2004 9:18:50 PM chops wrote:

----------------

Had a pair of 5.2's as my mains for about two months now. These are three ways, with a big honkin passive radiator.

----------------

I hate to tell you this, but the 5.2's are NOT 3-ways. All they have is a horn tweeter, one 10" woofer, and a 12" passive radiator.

Don't get me wrong though, these are excellent sounding speakers, and they do pound out the bass! You won't be disappointed with them.

----------------

yes they do pound out bass. Several years ago, when i used to live in the barricks, i new a guy down the hall from me that had a pair of those running off an onkyo reciever, and boy did they thump some serious bass. you could here it all the way down the hall with his door closed.

9.gif9.gif music to my ears. 9.gif9.gif and yes he is correct they are only two way speakers.

----------------

On 7/13/2004 9:43:39 PM dantfmly wrote:

----------------

On 7/13/2004 9:18:50 PM chops wrote:

----------------

----------------

----------------

yes they do pound out bass. Several years ago, when i used to live in the barricks, i new a guy down the hall from me that had a pair of those running off an onkyo reciever, and boy did they thump some serious bass. you could here it all the way down the hall with his door closed.

9.gif9.gif
music to my ears.
9.gif9.gif
and yes he is correct they are only two way speakers.

----------------

That's funny! My friend has been powering his with an Onkyo reciever as well. He has always been amazed at how loud 80 watts could be. I finally told him that at the volume he usually plays at, he's lucky if he's using 15 watts!