KLF c7 vs RC7

rich0372

It depends with what you are using for mains, if you are using Legends (KLF Series) you should stick with the center that you have for perfect timbre matching across the front three speakers. The RC-7 will not have the same tonality of the KLF Series and would not be a good match. If you are using or are planning to use RF Series speakers then the RC-7 would be the obvious choice. Either way the overall performance differences are negligible, you need to concentrate more on what better matches your main speakers.

All depends on room size and your own preference, really. My room is only 11 feet wide, so I can't really see the need in my application. Maybe if I had an 18 foot wide room I'd be after a 6.1 or 7.1 setup. There's not a lot of 6.1 discreet material anyway, and there is no 7.1 discreet at all. Most anything over 5.1 is matrixed to get the extra channel.

The short answer is "I wouldn't go either way, but as for what's best for you, I don't know." 1.gif

Get a good center......................it gets used alot during movies! (More that I thought) I love my RC-7 it's a great match to the RF-7s for mains. Most of my DVD collection is DTS Versions and the RC-7 makes my center channel sing!

Good Luck, Joe2.gif

I use a KLFC7 with my Khorns as my centre(pics on site)and Hersey's in the rears, not a complaint in all honesty, may not be a true Heritage centre match, but a beautiful centre channel with no complaints. The RC7 is bigger, especially deeper if positioning matters.

long live the Legends....10.gif