Das Boot: The Director's Cut

ygmn

Well I was loaned this DVD...and will most likely watch tonight.....

anyone seen this version?

It states they added 60 mins and remixed the soundtrack (DD5.1)

209 mins long now.....I will need a big drink for this one...hehehe

Haven't seen the directors cut but it is an awesome movie. Saw it twice in theaters. The first version was in German with English subyiylrd, and I think I recall the second being in english. Don't watch if you're claustrophobic, because at least in the theater you could almost smell the BO and engine oil.

Although it's only Dolby Digital (DTS is not offered) the sound is impressive. At certain points, particularly the depth charges, I can trip the clipping protection on my 200 watt/ch Mac, and drives my RW-12 to the limit. I can only imagine what it would sound like with a pair of RSW-15's handling the sub 30 cycles duties! Hah, it would almost be LIKE being in a sub being depth charged!

I just finished watching,.....man what a long movie...takes 2 sides of DVD...

but well worth it.....A+...sound was awesome...the picture was ok.....but what a ride.....

Thanks for posts....I do think it is the best sub movie ever....you do feel like you are there....awesome

The director's cut was excruciatingly long and I don't think it added too much more too the plot, unlike say... Apocalypse Now: Redux. Still, one of the best war movies ever made.

The Superbit DTS version is on my top 10 list of things to buy in the near future.