Outlaw LFM-1 vs SVS PB1-ISD

bsacco

I haven't seen these exact two models compared, but I have seen the HSU (Outlaw clone) compared to the SVS. The SVS had a very slight edge. They were so close that unless you did a side by side, it would be hard to tell the difference. Carl

i say that the two are mighty close. however, the nod goes to the pb1-isd. it has significantly less measured distortion than the stf-3. output above 25hz (25-60) are about the same, output between 20-23,24hz is where the svs spanks the stf-3 (in which u need two colocated stf-3s to match the pb1).

however, i will give the nod to the stf-3 (aka outlaw) in terms of cabinet... it is smaller and may fit better with some decor in comparison to the pb1.

have you looked at the tubes? i.e the 22-31PCi? you may want to because those are very positionable (especially since the ports are located on top) and they are very easily corner loaded.

the 22-31PCi is the equivalent to the pb1-isd.

if u have the extra cash.. i STRONGLY suggest you look at the PC+ series. The PC+ has 80% more output than the similarly enclosed PCi sub for a mere 200$ more. Not bad if you ask me.