Think it was Klipsch?

I spend a lot of time reading the great postings on this forum and once in a while I actually post something, but I want to know if anyone else has had this problem. I had an old speaker book for sale on eBay a few days ago, just like one I sold a month ago and just like some others I see on eBay everyday, even titled the ad exactly the same way using the same words. Ebay cancelled my ad for spamming violations because they said I violated their rule about using vendors names in an ad to manipulate searches when you actually don't have a product for sale made by that vendor. Example: I've seen Kodak cameras advertised that say "Kodak 35mm camera not Nikon". They used Nikon to get people to look at their ad that were actually searching for Nikons not Kodaks and I can understand how that is wrong, but my book is about old speakers like Klipsch, EV, JBL, University, Altec etc.. so I put those names in my title. Ebay said one of their VeRO (verified rights owners program)members reported it to them and they had to cancel my auction and threatened me with suspension if I continue to operate auctions in this manner. The only vendor on the VeRO list that I had in my title was Klipsch. Has this happened to anyone else? I relisted it and chamged the wording a little and added the word "about" in the title to show it's about these vendors. Look at the auction and tell me if this is offensive to Klipsch or if you think it violates spamming rules. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5711356871 didn't know how to make a link to it. just copy and paste

At first I thought it was an automated response but I filled out a complaint form pertaining to this type of problemm and they answered me and explained to me exactly why I cannot use vendor names in my title. They told me I can use just a couple in the description to help sell the book but none in the title. I told them they were wrong and I would continue fighting them on it, then I gave them a complete list of other sellers that were selling the same book and told them I expect those auctions to be removed also, they have not so that's why I put mine back on. Ebay is supposed to be fun but when they start attacking someone like me with 412 all positive feedback, somethings wrong.

I see listings like yours all the time and have no problem with that. Sorry Ebay has been treating you so shabbily.

Also, doubt of Klipsch complained to Ebay. These people are way to busy to spend their time and resources on an issue so small. You should see the crap they put up with on this forum alone!6.gif