ASC company sooooo slllooowww!

charlieboy

I ordered some stuff from echobusters and ASC traps around 3 weeks ago. I got my echobuster stuff within a week but ASC told me yestersay not till Aug 5th. That seems slow to me for a pair of 1/4 round traps. They said the dont have stuff laying around that they make each piece to order. Ok but dosent that still seem like a long time to anyne else. Anyone have any dealings with ASC? Thanks.

Im not a big fan of EchoBusters. Their technical descriptions are dubious at best (such as bass control diffusion LMFAO), they do not supply any technical NRC or STC testing data, their home page makes claims of sound proofing (this is complete BS, you cannot achieve sound proofing through the use of interior sound absorption, at least not until extremely massive amounts of it are applied thereby ruining the acoustics of the room itself), they make unfair comparisons to other companys products (such as their best, or only product, against a competitors entry level, least effective product). IMHO they are basically a marketing company producing what the market wants, not necessarily what they need, and not necessarily at a reasonable price either.

ASC is another matter. Company President Arthur Noxon is a renown acoustician. Their products work and perform as claimed, or better. They have the testing data, patents and experience in the field to back it up, not just the opinion of some two-bit reviewer

My first pair of Klipsch speakers were Cornwalls that I had to wait three months for. It was worth every bit of the wait. I suspect youll find the same of ASC.

I got the corner busters that go in the upper area where the walls meet the ceiling. I went through "The cable company" who is a dealer for both echobuster and asc. Then someone called me from asc after going over my drawings and this is what we came up with that i could afford. Im not an impatient person I just seemed a long time. I hope it will be worth the wait that stuff isnt cheap for my budget.2.gif

My experience has been very favorable with the ASC products and my understanding back when I was ordering from them was that they build once they get an order and have very little stock already made up (Kind of like the way Klipsch use to do).I have been very pleased with the quality of their products especially the Tube Traps.

Have you read some of there articles on acoustics? I thought they were very good.

I believe once you get the products you've ordered you'll see that they were well worth the wait your going through and expense. People seem to feel OK about spending money on electronics but don't seem to see the need for room treatment.

I sincerely believe you get the most for your money if you invest it in your speakers and acoustical room treatments than anywhere else in a system. It will allow you to get the best sound out of whatever electronics you have now and in the future.

The room really is the weakest link that most of use face in trying to get the best sound we can.

mike

----------------

On 7/28/2004 4:25:25 PM mikebse2a3 wrote:

My experience has been very favorable with the ASC products and my understanding back when I was ordering from them was that they build once they get an order and have very little stock already made up (Kind of like the way Klipsch use to do).I have been very pleased with the quality of their products especially the Tube Traps.

Have you read some of there articles on acoustics? I thought they were very good.

I believe once you get the products you've ordered you'll see that they were well worth the wait your going through and expense. People seem to feel OK about spending money on electronics but don't seem to see the need for room treatment.

I sincerely believe you get the most for your money if you invest it in your speakers and acoustical room treatments than anywhere else in a system. It will allow you to get the best sound out of whatever electronics you have now and in the future.

The room really is the weakest link that most of use face in trying to get the best sound we can.

mike

----------------

mikebse2a3

I agree. Im starting to work backwards now that Ive got some speakers that I like. Now Im attacking my room. The only thing I see myself going after is some KHORNS in the future.9.gif9.gif

"Im starting to work backwards now that Ive got some speakers that I like. Now Im attacking my room. The only thing I see myself going after is some KHORNS in the future"

Hi charlieboy

I know what you mean! I made a decision along time ago after hearing the Khorns for the first time (and several times after) that, that sound was so real I couldn't imagine wanting anything more. So I didn't rest till I finally got a pair of Khorns and figured I would work toward getting that sound I had heard that the Khorn is capable of. That special ability is so fragile and easly destroyed if things aren't set up just right (to me all speakers have needs if your wanting all they can do).What I mean is the Khorn has a combination of capabilities that no other speaker I've ever heard could do. So I wanted off the merry go round with speakers and decided that the Khorns was the way to go for me and I would do the best I could to accommodate them.So I've always worked on the acoustics of any room I've had them in to get the best sound that the Khorns and the room were capable of and I believe the Khorns played whatever room I had them in as good or better than any other speaker I could put in their place.I sincerely believe that alot of problems and criticism that people are modifying their Khorns for would actually be found to be room acoustic problems not being addressed properly for the Khorn. Anyone knows all you have to do is move a speaker a foot or so and the sound can shift dramatically and to me this should be a real eye opener that whatever speakers you have your listening to the speaker through the room and if its neglected you'll never get the best sound you can.

Enjoy your room treatment journey (I don't believe it ever ends because I still like trying things to see if I can improve things) just don't drive yourself crazy with it instead use it to learn. I know I'm still surprised at some of the things that I observe about acoustics!

Be sure and update us when you get to play with the tube traps!

mike1.gif