What sub will mate well with the Quintet II...

neo33

I ran a KSW-10 w/ my Quintet setup. I still have it, if you're interested PM me. I'm currently using it w/ my updated system. It does a very good job, but I've got a big room to fill and don't have a very good place to put it.

John

----------------

On 7/29/2004 2:45:15 PM neo33 wrote:

...with tight and authoritative bass output, quality build and relatively inexpensive?

----------------

With the KSW-10 about the only quality you'll get is the "relatively inexpensive." It depends on your room size and your taste in what you mean by "authoritative." A KSW-10 is well built but will be somewhat boomy and definitely not authoritative. No offense, just layin on some truth. Give me a price range.5.gif

----------------

On 8/4/2004 3:00:10 PM CAS wrote:

With the KSW-10 about the only quality you'll get is the "relatively inexpensive." It depends on your room size and your taste in what you mean by "authoritative." A KSW-10 is well built but will be somewhat boomy and definitely not authoritative. No offense, just layin on some truth. Give me a price range.
5.gif

----------------

I agree w/ what you said. I was relaying my experience, AND trying to keep the items in the same ball park, pricewise. The KSW-10 will NOT blow out his walls, that's for sure. But then again neither will the Quintets. The Quintets and KSW-10 are both fairly good options at their price points. The KSW-12 will offer some more "authority", for not a whole lot more money. Therefore, I took no offense at your reply.

You're also correct that he needs to provide a budget. Otherwise we'll just say SVS PB2 Ultra and be done w/ it. 2.gif

John

What sub for Quintets?

Easy,you know the Quintets do not have any deep bass,good.Now you need a sub capable of reproducing some bass,not only deep subsonics.

This is the perfect job for a RSW10 or if you are looking for value...RW10.The RW10 will climb up and meet the higher crossover points better than the large subs(designed for the deep bass to match near full range tower speakers).

So an SVS is NOT a good idea,unless you want a nice audible hole.SVS like Sunfire love the depths,and have no punch like the RSW and less expensive RW's.

Another alternative would be HSU's STF2 sub. 1.gif

----------------

On 8/6/2004 2:53:28 PM TheEAR wrote:

What sub for Quintets?

Easy,you know the Quintets do not have any deep bass,good.Now you need a sub capable of reproducing some bass,not only deep subsonics.

This is the perfect job for a RSW10 or if you are looking for value...RW10.The RW10 will climb up and meet the higher crossover points better than the large subs(designed for the deep bass to match near full range tower speakers).

So an SVS is NOT a good idea,unless you want a nice audible hole.SVS like Sunfire love the depths,and have no punch like the RSW and less expensive RW's.

Another alternative would be HSU's STF2 sub.
1.gif

----------------

The RW-10 would be a great deal since the Quintets are a bargain well under $500. I agree with Ear. You may feel the upgrade bug with much more 11.gif

I really want to recommend a 25-31pci for the heck of a deal you'd get compared to the RW series, but with the limited frequency response of the satellites (100 Hz or so it says) I'd probably go with a Klipsch product, too.

----------------

On 8/6/2004 3:06:32 PM CAS wrote:

I really want to recommend a 25-31pci for the heck of a deal you'd get compared to the RW series, but with the limited frequency response of the satellites (100 Hz or so it says) I'd probably go with a Klipsch product, too.
----------------

I found out the same thing when I was thinking about an SVS to go w/ my Quintets. The RSW-10 may be a viable option, if it's not too expensive.

John- Who was completely joking about the PB-2 Ultra, BTW.