Looking for a decent "low cost" stereo receiver.....

I just finished rebuilding an old pair of large Advent speakers (yes, I know they're not Klipsch, but at least they're vintage).

I decided not waste my time with Layne audio when I got no reply to repeated emails. I instead went to "Simply speakers" on the internet and am very pleased. The speakers now sound great with my Denon, but that's only temporary.

I'm looking for suggestions on a low/moderate cost stereo reciver. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dave in Nashville

I, too, have just reinstated a pair of Large Advents (beveled front edge) with gorgeous walnut that is almost perfect. I am going to test them with my HK 430 twin powered receiver sometime this weekend. I think it will be a suitable match.

I had a pair of vinyl Large Advents in college and for about 8 years, after which, the surrounds blew out. Stupidly, I tossed them. Well, now after 17 years, I got another pair. They look very aristocratic, IMO, and sound great. No foil cones for me.

Hi:

I have a couple receivers I am interested in selling; maybe you'd be interested in one of them?

1.) A Yamaha R-1000. 100 wpch. A classic, high-power unit

2.) A Denon DRA-635R w/ Remote. 85 wpch. Has LOTs of flexibility, that great Denon styling.

Both units have phono inputs, in case that's an issue?

I was gonna ask $100 for the Denon +shipping, not sure about an asking price for the Yamaha.

Let me know if you have any interest (Can send pics of the Denon; don't have any pics of the Yamaha)

Thanks

Dan

730.hk.jpg

They're right, classic harman/kardon 430, 730, 930 stereo receivers (and a few other HK models I don't recall offhand) are high current, twin powered amps that really produce a great sound on Klipsch loudspeakers. Lots of forum members have them, and Andy (HDBRbuilder) swears by them! Best of all, they're cheap as hell...you can spot many on eBay for around $50 - $75. They're worth investigating.4.gif

post-11084-13819257307858_thumb.jpg