"Best "subwoofer for RF-7

eargasm

Hello all Klipsch fans!

Here is a another sub question and which is the best choice ( good bang for the buck.)

The actual speaker setup is Klipsch RF-7,RC-7,RS-7.

(Processor: Rotel RSP-1068, Ampl: Rotel RMB-1095)

The sub should sound very well when playing music and movies. AND match the sound from the Klipsch speakers.

I have two subs in my mind as:

Klipsch RSW-12 (RSW-15 is not available in Europe, 230V/50Hz)

Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ Signature edition.

I'm very interested of getting your experiences in this matter and other good subs as well. (I do not have a money tree)

4.gif

I can't speak for the subs you have selected, but I have a similar speaker set up as you. My SVS is great for music, blends seamlessly and is absolutely awesome for HT. I think you'll find that most subs in your price range will blend well with your Reference speakers regardless of brand. You commented on wanting the best bang for your buck, which SVS can't be beat HOWEVER, shipping to Europe may make it cost prohibitive. Carl

I have got another reply from a friend here regarding subwoofers.

The Sunfire sub might be tricky to setup to get a proper sound together with the other speakers. The Sunfire sub might be "too powerful". I got the advice to check the Velodyne digital serie as DD-10, -12 and -18.

Anyone which have compared the Sunfire with these Velodyne subs and ecpecially together with RF-7?

1.gif

How many do I have,a good few(Sunfire Sig/Mark II/Super Junior,Klipsch RSW10/12/15,Revel B15,Paradigm Servo Sig,Velo HGS18/SPL100,Carver Knight Shadow...two of these,Reel 810 and 1215,PolkAudio PSW404/505,Aerial SW12 and...ah that is all for non multimedia subs!)

I had so many more,its...a near crime/sickness.

Oh an the Sunfire Sig cannot be TOO POWERFUL,that is total and utter ...you know what from newbies.

As long as your speakers are solid to 60Hz,ANY potent subwoofer will match to perfection if cutoff is proper,phase matched AND LEVEL adjusted properly.

Its all in the setup,you could buy a SVS B4Ultra(if one was made)and use it with tiny Dynaudio Contour 1.1 speakers and match them well.

People forget subs these days have a GAIN/CUTOFF and PHASE. 2.gif

and last...I have RF7's(two pairs)and use them with Sunfire ...so any myth about a mismatch is pure nOOb invention.