A little help please..reg AC connections

MacKlipsch

The only thing that isn't remote is the power to the center channel amp, the 225. I am going to have to plug it into a strip and switch it on and hopefully remember to switch off. A C-7 would be overkill as I only need a switched plug. The C-15 has none, however it has a connection to a Mac amp so I can remotely turn off the Mac. I just need a friggin switched plug. Maybe Clarion is trying to save some $$$$ on plugs.

I have a B&K ST-140 in which I put a relay and a 5V DC reed switch. They're connected to a standard 2.5mm (I think) power receptacle that I mounted on the rear panel. I use that to accept the 5V remote trigger from my Denon receiver and it works great. Looks professional, too.

At one time, I had the instructions posted in another forum. Let me know if this is what you're thinking of. If so, I'll dig out those instructions and repost them here. It's pretty simple, actually.

Ross

I don't know if this will help or not but I have Niles APC-2 current sensing outlet. It has 3 ac outlets. Current sensing, Switched, and unswitched. I have my power amp plugged into the switched outlet and my preamp plugged into the current switching outlet. when I hit the power on button on my remote and the preamp powers up the amp outlet switched on. I use it because my power amp has no trigger. If memory serves it cost around $180.00. Good luck.

MacKlipsch,

It is a small black box, About 2 3/4 in. tall, 6 in. wide, and 6 in. deep. The ac outlets are on the back and a knob to control current sensing level is on the front. There are also connections for relay, out, and ext. triggers on the front. I have never used them so I am not sure how they work. I have it sitting at the top of my rack. www.nilesaudio.com has info and a drawing of the box. Go to other products from the main page, then automated switching systems, then 120 W ac switching systems. Home Entertainment had to order mine for me, so I imagine any Niles dealer could get one. God luck.

Help.....

So one would think this would be the end of this subject, right? Well I go down to my local Hi-Fi store to score this unit and the guy tells me he leaves his tube amp on all the time, except for extended periods away. He claims this has no adverse effects on the amp (ie longevity of the tubes) and draws neglegable wattage. Does this sound right? $200 would be better spent elsewhere if this is the case....