Problem with THX Ultra2 subwoofer connectors

Lawrence_Chiu

The THX Ultra2 subwoofer (KW-120-THX) and amplifier (KA-1000-THX) come with a weird connector called Neutrik Speakon NL2. This connects the subwoofer to the amplifier.

The problem is that the supplied cable is only 20 feet. My equipment is in a rack in an adjacent room. The distance exceeds the length of the cable.

Is there a place where I can buy this cable in longer lengths?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Lawrence

The connector is used quite often in high power professional audio equipment. You can purchase cables locally at a dj/prosound outlet or through places like parts express. Their pre-made cables are Pro-Co brand and are available in a 50 foot length ( #241-747 ) for $47.25. Alternatively, you can purchase bulk cable and the connectors and build your own to a custom length.

alot of pro music shops do not carry the NL2-FC connector that you mention....

an NL4-FC will work just fine for your application - it has four connections but 2 of them are the same as the NL2-FC connector.... and it is a much more common connector....

it is also called a "speakon" connector....

cheers!

1.gif

Sam Ash... The Guitar Center... or most Pro PA/Music stores I am sure close to you should carry these. Online try Parts Express or like others have said on here... make your own.

Now to the important ???

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

I want to add this sub system to my HT/Cornwall system downstairs... If you really love it... Or even if you do not, and hate it, let us know!!

I am salivating at the possibilities here!!!

----------------

On 8/19/2004 4:28:17 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I want to add this sub system to my HT/Cornwall system downstairs...

----------------

Is that your karaoke setup? I think I saw pics of that...6.gif4.gif maybe you should be adding a PAIR to THAT setup.

Budget permitting, I feel they may be the answer to heritage owners who are looking for a capable sub. Maybe when the initial rush settles, you can borrow a pair to try in your home... 10.gif