BAD BAD boys!

colterphoto1

Hey Indy, Calliope Sound did the PA for the Ramones waaay back when at the Vogue Nightclub (way cool old theatre turned into rock n roll bar) We had an MCM stack for the house, AND ANOTHER MCM STACK AIMED DIRECTLY AT THE BAND FOR SIDEFILL MONITORS. They wanted it LOUD and we sure gave it to them! We deafened those punks!

I miss the old days!

Michael

colterphoto1: Yeah, Mike I know what you mean about those MCM's. Our band used those for a while and they really rocked. Then, we re-outfitted with some Community Light & Sound Sub-bass cabinets that were 2-piece, 8-foot deep fiberglass horns loaded with 2-15 inch JBLs each! DAMN! ((6.gif)) Needless to say, they don't make those any more. I feel old now. 9.gif

Ear: Naw, we used them in large club venues for live stage shows....not in a residential environment. If such were the case, I would more than agree with you. They were similar to these R-Leviathan II's (only a bit smaller):

community-sub.jpgpost-10177-13819257676672_thumb.jpg

I was at that show Michael. I had earplugs, thank goodness, too.

There is a dream system (Click Klipsch look at the touring system) on Ebay right now for 6k. Klipsch for a few years made a three way in separate flown boxes. There are road cases..several x over s, and amps.. I have no doubt it is worth 20k in it's day. I have heard it several times if I had a real life mini tour to go out on the road today..(and the 6k to need/ want to purchase a PA) I would do this deal in a heartbeat. The road racks are like 1k a piece alone add the Allan n Heath mixer..1k, several nice amps..1k each...and of course the 6 total speakers.. and rollers.. You figure it out.. it is a HUGE bargain.

The neat thing is you could go into any mid sized club to a very large one..and fill easily the place with this set up!

If any of you have an outdoor need, or own a bar and want a killer PA, these would be fantastic.

As a "general rule" for PA equipment I go 1/2 and 1/2 again to see what the price is. It just seems to work out about right when evaluating used PA stuff.

So,

20k x 1/2 = 10k

10k x 1/2 = 5k

They are asking 6k, pretty much in the ballpark. IMO

If these PICS are recent too.. It looks brand new or someone owned it forgot it was in storage and trying to unload it. I have never seen this setup, this clean used, ever.

Sadly, even if you had the funds, it would sound like crap for a home system. So don't bother.

PS I have nothing to do with this sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31456&item=3836301851&rd=1

EAR: LOL! Actually, it's 100 yards! 9.gif

We drove ours using Crown DC-300A's using one channel into each JBL 15-incher (2 per horn) x 2 horns. We did try using a B&W 750C but the thing was too dirty-sounding and would clip repeatedly. The old B&W's were crap! We went back to the Crowns and never strayed.

I can just imagine what the Krell's would do! {sniff-sniff} Is something burning.....?