Refernce 35s need Subwoofer

HeywoodJa

I am in the last stages of building my HT and have decided on RC35, RB35 and RS35s. Does anyon have any recommendation on a subwoofer? I was thinking of buying the RSW10 or looking at some velodynes. My room is 12 - 18 and will be watching movies 80% of the time music 20%.

I don't think you'll do as well with RSW-10 in that size room with the RF-35 system. You'd probably want an RSW-12... or even something larger, especially if the system will be for 80% movies. Movies require a lot of bass... so does music, but music bass is more even as far as SPL goes. Movie bass can be slight... but then REALLY loud. You need a sub that can really put out some power... an RSW-15 would be nice, but it might be out of budget. Look at SVS, and you might consider building one yourself... I built one myself... and I have probably put ~$400 in it... and for that amount, I could have had an SVS probably. And, I am sure it would probably match my maind better (RF-3). My sub cannot keep up SPL-wise, really. You need something that can keep up AND go the extra mile...

I run a RB\C\S-25 system and recently purchased an SVS 25-31PCi, tuned to 22Hz at the factory. I can not tell you how pleased I am w/ this sub! My former sub was a KSW-10, which was OK. I have listened to a few different subs (Klipsch, Velodyne and M&K most notably) and all I can say is, I LOVE this sub. My room is fairly large, and it fills it w/ ease.

The 20-39PC+ and PB2-ISD previously mentioned are a lot of sub for the money. Either of those two subs will put a 9.gif on your face for days.

John

Which SVS? Good question after doing some number crunching I am thinking about going for the RB75, RC7 instead of the R35s. Because of that I figure to go with the SVS PB2+. It might be overkill but might as well make the right decision now and go bigger. Now the question is whether to use RS35 or RS75 for surround. 1.gif