RF-3II's for surrounds

chepo61

Ok guys, I need your help.

My HT includes the RF-3II, RC-3 and 4 RS-3 in a 7.1 setup. I would like to upgrade everything to the RF-7 package but that is pretty well out of my reach.

My question is: Would I benefit if I buy a pair of RF-5's for my mains and send my current RF-3II's for surround duty?

Since I live in mexico, prices here go "ALOT" more higher than in the U.S. and I don't want to risk buying speakers in the states and importing to mexico so the RF-7's are out of the question, I can get a decent price on the RF-5's.

Your thoughts?

Thanks, Jose.

well i will be honest with you, i have the set up you speak of in my sons ht/ gaming system, minus the rs's they are not well suited to the floor standers. i have had at 1 time or another used both the rf 3's and 5's as front channels, i did see a difference but not enough to justify the exagerated price you would be paying, if you would like to upgrade than just buy another pair of 3's you wont regret it. and do use the second set as surrounds, you will instantly see why i say they (rs's) just arent very good with the floor standers. also you might consider in the future to upgrade your center channel, as you probably already know, the lions share of ht is produced in your center channel, and the rc 3 is just barely sufficient to keep up with the rf's, i maintain that it is best suited to bookshelf speakers, if you want your ht to begin to shine upgrade the center to an rc 7. as far as going to an 7 series all around, well that is a different story all together, or? try to develope an heritage based system, that would be cheaper, but oh my9.gif12.gif

I second Marksdads comments completely. I use the RF-3's for surrounds and they are fantastic.

I have always felt that the RF-3's are the best value loudspeaker Klipsch produces. I currently have the RF-7's for my main speakers and the RF-3's at the surround do not skip a beat.

I also totally agree with the Center comments. I find the RC-3 is very thin and a underperformer. When I purchased the RC-7 I was completely satisfied and it hasd not skipped a beat.

Another consideration is that if you like multi-channel music the floor standers will be far superioror.

Good luck