OT: Oktoberfest?

gtDark

Hope this isn't a taboo subject for the forum, if you think so I'll take it down, but...seeing Tom Adams' post about that new Klipsch pilsner glass got me thinking about beer. Anyone know of any good cities in the Southeast US that put on a good Oktoberfest festival?

Dark---Ya can't have a good Octoberfest without lots of sausageheads, I'd look for southeastern cities with large German neighborhoods, if there are any, which offhand I doubt. I don't think many German immigrants got of the boat and headed south.

Get on Southwest and go up to Milwaukee. That's the Real Deal.

Hey Matt - Helen, GA use to have a good Octoberfest. But that place has gotten so commercialized and over-crowded, that I'd rather have the hairs on the top of my big toes pulled out one-by-one, than go there. 6.gif

Actually...it ain't that bad if you go at the right time, but Octoberfest in Helen would be muderous. There's a really good German restaurant there though. Yummy. 1.gif

If you have a motorcycle, you can go to Daytona (if it's still there in October 15.gif ) for Biketoberfest. Probably won't be any real German food and you'll have to hunt for some decent beer, but there will be plenty of nice looking beer winches. 11.gif

Tom