anyone WTB my PB2+......

Sanman023

I'm thinking about selling my pb2+ thats about 2 months old....cause i want to upgrade to the pb2 ultra...i would love to have both but we have our first baby on the way so i dont want to do any crazy spending....im asking $1000 obo....and pick up only (sacramento)....its in perfect condition and not pushed hard at all because it shares the room with the reference 7s and two rsw15s....thanks..

Im not able to or interested in getting your svs. but as I look at your setup I start to drool3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif3.gif . TWO FRIGGIN RSW15's!!! and a SVS! wow, holy cr@p6.gif . that is a LOT of subage. did I mention that is a LOT!??. and you also have the rf7 series. OMG. I gotta stop reading the forums. way to many insane setups to drool over. the bass must hit you like a freight train- HUGE! ok, the drooling has stopped. sorry.

scp53

Scp53,

Not to hijack this thread two RSW15 and one PB2-Plus are just ok for mid to large rooms. 11.gif Its when you pack a wall of subs into small rooms that you get ...freight train running straight at ya deep bass with 16" gun impact to blow your ear drums out.

Yet again I did demo LOTR FOTR ...in the caves... 6.gif too much,no movie theater compares none.For all around sound and deep bass a well sub stuffed room will let you FEEL the glory.

2.gif

Sanman023,

Nice setup,BTW keep the Plus and just add the Ultra.The world needs more bass fanatics

9.gif

ear...i cant even come close to your level of bass....

my wife doesnt like the theater stuff (shes okay just watching movies on 27" tv) but shes very understanding for letting me have 3 subs in the room...4 is pushing it...i just want to get rid of the pb2+ and swap it with the ultra without her knowing...so life goes on as usual...

Though Ear will disagree with me on this, there IS a point at which there is just "too much bass." When it becomes ridiculously unnatural, AND, not to mention, grossly distorted from what the original sound designers intended. No 9mm gunshot is supposed to slam you back into your recliner.

----------------

On 9/8/2004 2:59:06 PM nicholtl wrote:

Though Ear will disagree with me on this, there IS a point at which there is just "too much bass." When it becomes ridiculously unnatural, AND, not to mention, grossly distorted from what the original sound designers intended. No 9mm gunshot is supposed to slam you back into your recliner.
----------------

Yep. I prefer REALISTIC sounds over ENHANCED sounds. In other words when someone walks down a flight of steps in the real world, my windows don't rattle. Therefore, I don't want them to rattle when someone walks down a flight of steps in a movie. The only way a 9mm should knock me back in my recliner is if the bullet hit my chest.

John

i meant that its a lot of bass. OBVIOUSLY NOTHING like your system TheEAR. but for most members on here having dual rsw15s and a good sized svs is plenty for most rooms. remember the bass needs to be in proportion and not over done like nicholtl stated. I DON'T LIKE feeling a rumble every friggin time some small amount of lfe content is played for small things in movies. it gets old after a while IMO

scp53

----------------

On 9/8/2004 2:59:06 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

Not at all,I will agree BASS has to be balanced or else the best gear is worthless.My subsonic army is like a quad turbo supercar,you will never use it but you know its there.

2.gif

Sure a pair of Dyanudio Contour 3.3 has plenty of bass on its own and will transport you to the event.But sometimes when you load that ultra,ubber fake Hollywood blockbuster BS move where a closed door makes your $99 faux leather mustard stained seat shake like a motel water bed its a helluva lot of fun.Or when that fake Barlong faces Peter Jackson's fellowship of the Dollar...and the bearded one You shall not BASS it shakes you liver and its even more fun. 2.gif9.gif

For music I often CUT the subs out,only when reproducing finer classical or pipe organ recordings do I use my larger higher quality subs CALIBRATED as to blend and NEVER OVERPOWER.

• 2 weeks later...

Sanman023,

I getting ready to purchase my first sub. Which of the two would you recommend? Actually I looking at rsw-12 or the PB2+ band you're the only person I noticed that has had a rsw and svs side by side. Can you help me out with your thoughts and recommendation of the 2.

Thanks

Sanman,

Can I be first in line to buy that Ultra from you after you have that first baby? You won't be needing it. You'll be tiptoeing around that house for a good two-three years just praying that baby doesn't wake up. Babies and new mothers really hate bass. Too bad really.

Congratulations on the new baby though.

mdxsierra...ive listened to the rsw 12 at the local goodguys but i have no real experience with it...but when im comparing the rsw 15 and the pb2 plus...they are two different monsters...we all know that the pb2+ are good for movies...and some would say its also musical....i prefer the rsw 15s for my dvd audio & sacd listening....and for movies i turn them all on....thats just me...between two choices...i would pick the pb2+

if you give us some more information about your setup, room size and type of media youre into...im sure everyone here can give you some suggestions....

yromj....i will post pics once the pb2 ultra gets here.....