RF-7 SPEAKERS, BLACK ASH FINISH TOUCH UP

maxed out

PART 1

Does any one have any suggestions on how to remove adhesive residue from black electrical tape from wood speaker finishes? I have tried, rubber cement thinner, OPPS, GOO GONE, GOOF OFF and rubbing alcohol. All I have done is rub the black finish off of the wood, resulting in spots of bare wood.

PART 2

Has anybody touched up this type of finish used on these speakers? I am told by Klipsch, that this finish is: 40 sheen black lacquer.

Thanks

8.gif

----------------

On 9/8/2004 11:17:51 PM maxed out wrote:

PART 1

Does any one have any suggestions on how to remove adhesive residue from black electrical tape from wood speaker finishes? I have tried, rubber cement thinner, OPPS, GOO GONE, GOOF OFF and rubbing alcohol. All I have done is rub the black finish off of the wood, resulting in spots of bare wood.

PART 2

Has anybody touched up this type of finish used on these speakers? I am told by Klipsch, that this finish is: 40 sheen black lacquer.

Thanks

8.gif

----------------

I have found when I am trying to remove glue residue like that left by tape it is often most easily removed by simply using another piece of tape. I wouldn't recommend using another piece of electrical tape but a piece of extremely sticky masking tape might be perfect. Otherwise, try a small piece of duct tape or even scotch tape. Place the tape over the adhesive residue and then quickly pull the tape off. It will usually remove some of the glue so that after repeating the procedure a few times it will have removed the residue. Try it and let me know how it works.

Just fyi and along a similar line of thought, if you ever have marks made by a permanent marker that you want to remove, try taking a dry erase marker and color over the permanent mark then whipe it away with a cloth. This may still leave a black haze around where the mark was or it could even just make it smudgy depending on the surface that was marked but it might be worth a shot.

Mineral Spirits it not cutting it. The adhesive layer from the electrical tape came off of the plastic tape backing after being cooked in the sun and stayed on the wood finish. The adhesive layer has hardened onto the wood. I dont think anything short of sandpaper will remove it.