Belles in my local paper

NormanB

I just noticed a pair of Belles locally advertised. Not much info just that the person says they are in cherry, but I did not see a cherry finish listed for these speaker on this site. So, they must have mistaked another finish for cherry. The ad says make an offer. I have not called yet to find out what year they are or their condition. I am not familiar with this model, so what questions should I ask and what should I look for if I get to the point of looking at them?

Thanks

• Like 1

I don't own them, but I think they are basically La Scala components in a prettier cabinet. 15 woofer in folded horn, with mid and high horn in top part of cabinet. Nice, fairly cubic cabinet with good-looking grilles. Mr. Klipsch designed these for use as a center channel with K-horns as L/R mains. But they would be a beautiful set of L/R mains or as part of a HT theatre system. Others here would be more descriptive, just wanted to get you started. Probably worth about $1000 pair in good operational and cabinet shape IMO.

----------------

On 9/9/2004 2:50:06 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

... they are basically La Scala components in a prettier cabinet.... Mr. Klipsch designed these for use as a center channel with K-horns as L/R mains... Probably worth about $1000 pair in good operational and cabinet shape IMO.

----------------

They are dressed up LaScalas... but originally sold for almost as much as as the Khorns (about 15% off the price of Khorns for both in Walnut). Because of this they are hard to find... and sell at premium prices used.

Special things to check... hmmm... that all the components work (put your ear up against the tweeter) and that they are all original (you'll have to open the bottom hatch to check the woofer if it's a Klipsch)

good luck...

Rob