FS: '81 Cornwall CBRs $650 in NYC/NJ/CT

TommyK

Greetings,

I have a line on a pair of Belles, and need to sell a rather nice pair of Cornwalls to make room and free up funds. My wife loves me (so she says) - but not enought to allow 2 sets of Klipsch in our small abode.

$650. I can deliver to So CT or NYC or Northern Jersey for a (+- 50$) fee. Or pick up in Butler NJ.

Raw Birch. The corners have some nicks, but overall the boxes are in good shape. Sonically they are incredible. The horns and woofers are in great shape.

Email if you want pics.

I wanted to offer to the group before I put them up on ebay ...

I have a sneaky feeling, that in 5 years, you will see my post regretting selling the cornwalls ....

(Final sale contingent on closing on the Belles)

Peace

TommyK

Eugene,

Thanks for asking.

First, I feel like a twit b/c I offered to loan you my McIntosh preamp a few weeks ago, and then the RNC happened and and and excuses and I never got the beast to you to hear. It is still here.

Second, if you come out to the house, I have about 20 med school text books I can give you. Anatomy, physiology, etc etc. My wife the Doc, wants to get rid of them.

Third, if you come out to the house, we can listen to the Cornwalls thru an el34 based push pull amp and a 300B SET amp. We can listen to redbook thru an Ack! Dac, and also spin some vinyl on the thorens TT.

The Cornwalls are big though, so if you are thinking about for a NYC apartment, your better bet would be to go with Heresy IIs. Which if you come out to the house I can pull from storage and we could listen to as well....

Peace,

TommyK

• 4 weeks later...

Hey David how is it going! I take it you liked the sound of the Cornwalls? What type of Klipsch speakers are you looking for, I see that you dropped a bid on some Forte' II's on eBay as well. I knew a guy in Maine that had some Cornwalls for sale, I'll email him and see if he is still looking to part with them.

That'd be cool Tommy. I'm definitely going to try and drop by to hear the equipment. I cannot make it this weekend, since I have a virology and pathology exam next monday, but if they're not sold by then I can try and plan for the following weekend. Let me know!

Meuge,

I didn't hear anything from anyone for two weeks so I put them on ebay. They sold for the buy-it-now of $875 within 20 minutes of being up.

Good luck on your exams. In a few weeks I will be getting my new to me Belles in place. I'll give you a shout when I have things set up.

Peace,

TommyK