JL Audio Monster Sub Lineup

fivelitermustang

WHAT WHAT!!!

Me me..me must look into these,JL Audio woofers are among the elite in terms of overall performance,both output and sound quality.

Me will look,me will find them and me...damn more subwoo***e for me.

Overload comming 9.gif

Thanks for the post...more money to waste

Yeah, it looks like they are using the 13W7 drivers in these subs...

I have heard one of my friends 13W7 in a 3CF net box tuned to 35Hz. The sub was getting about 1200W RMS from a Memphis Belle. The setup is in a 92' Ford Taurus which you can probably hear from about 5 blocks away.

It dropped the low notes like it was nobodys business... not to mention that it has 4" P-P so it looks amazing when it's moving. The thing was absolutely insane how loud and good it sounded. It was tight and controlled at the same time.

----------------

On 9/16/2004 1:24:54 AM fivelitermustang wrote:

Yeah, it looks like they are using the 13W7 drivers in these subs...

I have heard one of my friends 13W7 in a 3CF net box tuned to 35Hz. The sub was getting about 1200W RMS from a Memphis Belle. The setup is in a 92' Ford Taurus which you can probably hear from about 5 blocks away.

It dropped the low notes like it was nobodys business... not to mention that it has 4" P-P so it looks amazing when it's moving. The thing was absolutely insane how loud and good it sounded. It was tight and controlled at the same time.

----------------

It looks like the W7 cone, surround and basket, but me thinks the rest may be quite different. I'm curious to see (hear) how their proven car audio driver chassis performs in a home audio environment.4.gif

Dudes I am e-mailing JL Audio to know where I can buy the GOTHAM.Bye bye lesser subs,the woofers in the Gotham have a 4 INCHES peak to peak capability! This combined with JL Audio best sound quality means one thing TOTAL SUBSONIC extasy.

Sorry Klipsch,SVS or Velodyne and Sunfire...the Gotham is the total package,I watched the videos on JL Audio site and am salivating.

As long as the Gotham is under 10 grand I am getting one.The perfect sub,not too big,not too small...with the best sound quality and huge output.My kind of sub

Budget subs...bah

All the primitive caveman kit subs can choke on JL Audio total package

BTW Those who think I jump to conclusions about sound quality...JL Audio's track record in subsonic quality is as good as it gets.

----------------

On 9/16/2004 3:12:21 PM TheEAR wrote:

One more thing the smaller sub should retail around $3000-4000 and the Gotham dual woofer monster around $8000-12000.By just looking at the quality and craftsmanship of these units.Not for Mr Tight Budget

----------------

You think that those subs will be that much? One thing about JL Audio that I do like is that not only do they sound good, but they are often quite reasonably priced. I do have one of thier subs (A 12W3-2) and amps (500.5) in my car, and I am quite impressed. I believe I only paid around $250 for the sub (plus another $100 for the enclosure) and $800 for the amp.

I honostly don't think the larger sub, the Gotham will be more than $3,000 and the smaller ones, the Fathom, will be more than around $1,500. Of course, I could be wrong. I am tempted to e-mail JL Audio myself to get more information. I may also check my local dealer and ask if they know anything about these, and if so, do they plan on carrying them, and for how much. I would hope that since they have the entire line of JL Audio subs for the cars, including the very nice W7 series, they would be carrying these new home-based ones also.

Did you check thier website? Pretty neat.

----------------

Availability: April / May 2005

Suggested Retail Prices:

Gotham: $7500.00 (available in high gloss black only)

Fathom f112: $2200 (matte black) - $2400 (gloss black)

Fathom f113: $2800 (matte black) - $3000 (gloss black)

----------------

Wow, I guess TheEAR is more correct. I stand corrected. $7,500 for the Gotham and around $2200-$3000 for the Fathoms. Won't be available until this upcoming spring though. $7,500 is too rich for me. I guess I'll be looking into an SVS PB2-Ultra instead.

----------------

On 9/23/2004 5:24:05 PM skonopa wrote:

Wow, I guess TheEAR is more correct. I stand corrected. $7,500 for the Gotham and around $2200-$3000 for the Fathoms. Won't be available until this upcoming spring though. $7,500 is too rich for me. I guess I'll be looking into an SVS PB2-Ultra instead.

----------------

Even the $2200 Fathom is out of my league. I've dropped the RSW-15 from my wish list because it's $1800. I'm looking at the SVS PC-Ultra.

----------------

On 9/23/2004 5:24:05 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

Availability: April / May 2005

Suggested Retail Prices:

Gotham: $7500.00 (available in high gloss black only)

Fathom f112: $2200 (matte black) - $2400 (gloss black)

Fathom f113: $2800 (matte black) - $3000 (gloss black)

----------------

----------------

See I told you first even without checking the actual price.I know a thing or two about evaluating audio gear and subs,the Gotham it will be for me.Yes the Ghotam has it all,brute power,finesse,looks and overall built quality unmatched by any sub under $5000.And I have subs up to $5000,the Ghotam is the real deal.Finally a company comes out with a quite compact monster sub build with jewel like quality,my type of sub.Like my Aerial,not just loud...all around quality.

1.gif

One Ghotam for me in 2005