Swap woofer b/t KSW 12--RSW 12

HERETIC

----------------

On 9/16/2004 8:38:22 PM HERETIC wrote:

Maybe its just me. I am a E430 4matic kinda guy.
2.gif

----------------

///M POWER 4 LIFE!

Get with the program! We will have none of that slush-box automatic tranny supercharged crap around her. This ******* yesterday tried to run me off the road in his benz and he ****ed up my bmw. I gota file a report with the chp now. He did not like my speeding by him after he flipped me off for driving slow (which was the speed limit, mind you) so i owned him with my V8 and he literally tried to side swipe me as I passed him, Sent my car into the gravel and over the curb (2000 740iL). After about 5 minutes of following him I got his plate #. It was very hard because he kept break checking me on the damn freeway in heavy traffic. If I had a gun with me, I would have shot him. Its a good thing i dont own one. And if he would have stopped, I would have killed him with my bare hands.

----------------

On 9/16/2004 11:04:09 PM 007 wrote:

If I had a gun with me, I would have shot him.

----------------

Isn't the US a great place? You can buy a gun at walmart... but you can't buy a lap danse. 9.gif I'd just say your priorities are in the wrong place... 2.gif

Actually... the idea might be feasible.

A woofer is designed to be vented or sealed mostly... and PR is a form of venting (along with porting). Some woofers work extremely well when sealed and at the same time work even better when ported. They work ok with PR. Others I have seen work well ported and even better with PR, but rolloff really soon sealed. I have been doing a HUGE amount of testing and modeling lately as I am trying to build the "ultimate" subwoofer... extreme SPL, extreme low bass, etc. My current design will yield about 113dB at 20Hz anechoic... so do I hear peaks of up to 130dB in room? 11.gif

Anyway... The point was that the RSW is vented also. So, it might (and probably) would work fairly well. Might require re-tuning the box, though. You'd need the T/S parameters to figure everything up. All woofers aren't just plug and play... they are very picky and want what they want or else. See if you can't find the specs for the RSW woofer and model the box up. If you have an RSW woofer or have access to one for cheap, whatever, go ahead and try it in the KSW box. You might be pleasantly surprised or you might hate it... Odds are, though, that the RSW woofer won't perform as well in the KSW box as it would in the RSW box, but it may be better than the KSW woofer. Power is definitely an issue... You never know until you try (or model it).