Crossover Upgrades

jerohm

Seems to me that there is a class of Klipsch owner that will never replace their Heritage series speakers... no matter what. Not to take any thing away from Al Klappenberger's work... it seems to be very well accepted, but shouldn't Klipsch be offering crossover upgrades as part of their product line... kits or otherwise? With Klipsch engineering expertise, other than the PC board, it seems to be a rather low cost to entry, using readily available components. Why should Klipschorn owners be the only ones to have an upgrade option cwm43.gif

It is a good point.

Klipsch did advise of update on the cross overs to the K-Horn and I suppose by implication, the Belle and LaScala. This was generally replacing the A type with AA, etc.

I've not heard of other manufacturers doing this with any line of speakers.

One justification for not doing this with non-Heritage speakers might be the nature of the construction. The crossover is easy to get at in the Heritage. With others, there is a bit more work to it.

Finally, is there a market for it? We live in a pretty small world in this bbs.

Gil

Al, is a very smart man, he is heading into the audio world as a crossover manufactuer, id love nothing more, to design, and build my own thing and make it work, like Al has!! Right on Al!!!

March of next year, im going to upgrade, both sets of my cornwalls!!

And im still going to fit a set of K-horns in here!

Regards Jim