djk -- advice on Yamaha

Marvel

Bass response isn't real low. They actually sound very clean. My pair is a little more used. I have taken some photos of mine but it's film and I haven't scanned them. They are heavy, and only handle 100 watts. I got them from where I work as we wanted some lighter cabinets with higher power handling. Our school has student workers for A/V so they needed to be a little more bullet proof and easier to move around.

The compression driver is rated 800-20k at 20 watts. These actually cross at 2k. The response for the S4115H is 70-15k. There does seem to be a lot of high end though, so I don't know the rolloff. I suppose for me using them in the house I could redo the crossover and eq the high freq horn a little bit.

Thought of peeling off the vinyl that remains, sanding smooth and doing a satin black, maybe ading some cherry trim on them. But they aren't supposed to sound hi-fi. Still, they are very efficient, especially for the living room. I would need to make them look better for the WAF to go up.

They had a neweer model that went from 50-16k, and crossed at 1.6k. Both models are about 120 pounds each.

Marvel