DEAN YOU THE MAN

rich0372

I got my klf c7 center crossover back from Dean on Friday sounds great. Between the klf 30s and now the center front soundstage is awsome 9.gif I watched Empire Strikes Back WOW!! if you watch alot of movies it is definetly worth doing the center to match I listened to the Eagles in DTS everything is so clear and detailed. For all you that are doubtful on the crossover upgrade just try it you won't be disappointed

Also if you never had your crossovers upgraded you are in position to say it doesn't make a difference so stop talkin SMACK7.gif Rich

JJK,

You should definitely upgrade your K-Horn crossovers; you may want to consider the diaphragms in you drivers as well but most assuredly do your crossovers. The caps and other components have more than likely drifted off spec. You will be shocked at the sound difference by just doing as little as upgrading to newer components. I would recommend the ALKs but DEANG, BEC, John Warren and a host of others can get you on track with this. I just did my 20-year-old La Scala's with ALK kits and the difference is astounding. At age 40 your K-Horns are most probably in need of the upgrade. Restoring your 40 year old K-Horns is a labor of love and they will amaze you at how good they can still sound. As far as buying new speakers it is in no way shape of form the same thing.

Rich,

Dean did my KLF20's and I am in the same boat as you.

My speakers never sounded this good. I rolled my Cornwalls into my HT system for the next year and am using my KLF's for 2 channel.

I was thinking about upgrading my CD player to a seperate transport and DAC's, but now I just can't see how my system will sound any better.

This is truly a mod that as soon as you power up your system you hear the difference.

I may have to send him my KLFC-7's now.

Danny

----------------

On 10/4/2004 4:48:52 PM JJKIZAK wrote:

Wondering if it would do any good to upgrade the crossovers on 40 year old K-horns. Would you not have to upgrade the speakers also? Why not just buy all new speakers? Then you have to upgrade nothing.

JJK

----------------

If the drivers work, I would leave them alone, but that's up to you to decide.

But the answer on the crossover and wiring is ABSOLUTELY!

DM2.gif