PB2 Ultra vs. PB2 Plus

killerbee_vr6

I'm trying to justify the extra $800+ for the ultra over the plus. Has anyone *directly* compared them? It's a music only system and it gets turned to 11 from time to time, all rock. How much more undistorted output is the ultra capable of over the plus above 25hz? System uses Chorus IIs with a Mac MC252.

I can tell you that I used to have 3 20-39's (2 had the ISD driver, 1 had the db12 driver), and will all 3 of those playing music, they didn't even TOUCH this PB2-Ultra for music. This ultra just ROCKS my world, and I haven't even turned it up that much. The sound is just pure bliss, hits HARD, digs DEEP, pretty much plays flawlessly from my opinion. I would NEVER hesitate to buy another one, I am in love with it and will never get rid of it.

I went to the new house for lunch, and just listened for a few minutes, and it just seems to get better and better everytime I listen to it. It blends PERFECTLY with my RF-7's, and I am doing just a 2 channel setup right now, and I can't believe the difference between the 3 cylinders and the PB2-Ultra. Don't get me wrong, the 3 cylinders ROCKED, tore movies apart, but just didn't make me happy when listening to music, the Ultra though, I can't stop smiling.

Take this how you want, I would spend the extra $800 and not worry about not having the best driver SVS has to offer, and you will thank yourself everytime you listen to it!! 9.gif

with only a total of an hour of play time...heres my opinion....side by side at low volume the plus and the ultra sound pretty much the same....until i calibrate each sub this weekend i wont know for sure how much better the ultra is...before i purchased the ultra my feelings are that the ultra is not going to be that much better than the plus....so well see....

dollar for dollar...i still think the pb2 plus is the best bargain so far...

again...this is just my opinion...