RF-7's came to LIFE!!

Orange Peel

Just thought I would share this little piece of info. Since I recently moved, and I got my stuff out of storage to listen to my new SVS, I unboxed my RF-7's and before I hooked them up, I fixed the foam that was blocking the ports, not sure if that helped or made a difference, but I listened to the RF-7's in stereo mode, set to large with no sub playing, man, they actually do have some bass 9.gif This is the first time in the year I have owned them I actually liked the bass they created, before with the foam covering the ports, they had jack crap for bass, maybe that foam blocking the ports really hurt the performance.

Either way, they are sounding better than ever!! Just something to check out for you RF-7 owners that have foam blocking the ports! 2.gif

Funny...I have the PB2+ (which probably pales in comparison to your ultra, Scott), but when I tried cranking my 4 RF7's and 2 RF5's the other day, all of them set on "LARGE," each of them powered with 250 watts, I thought the bass was quite pathetic. I think it's because the SVS has spoiled us in the sense that even good bass from floorstanders sound stupid in comparison.

"...maybe that foam blocking the ports really hurt the performance."

Well, duh.9.gifWhat did you think the ports were for anyways? ALL the low bass comes through those ports. If you want even better bass, get them into a corner somewhat.

nicholtl - That PB2+ isn't any slouch, some say there isn't much differnce between the two, but you are right, they do spoil us and the towers have NOTHING compared to these moster subs 11.gif

Dean - I know I know, I just didn't know that much would be effected, many people say their ports are blocked with the foam, so I didn't know where that stupid foam was supposed to be 3.gif No corner for these RF-7's, my PB12-Ultra/2 takes that priority 2.gif