Winged Migration (on starz)

wheelman

Has anyone watched this movie? This is an amazing movie of birds flying south from different parts of the world. It truely is inspiring visually and musically. Check it out it is a work of art. I seen it on starz and the picture quality was outstanding and in prologic II I thought I was watching a dvd. If you dig nature, and colorfull visuals with tons and tons of surround effects this is a must see. If anyone knows if this is on dvd I would love to own it. http://www.starz.com/se/ssp/schedule/grid_titleview.html?v=4186430&e=-1&z=0

This was a fantastic movie although I could've done without the violent hunting images. The sound was crisp and perfect for this movie. This writer or director has also made the equally awesome Microcosmos which is a companion piece on the insect world. This is a highly recommended film.

LOL, I'm a bird freak.

I probably know more about the Whooping Cranes than a VERY LARGE PORTION OF ....other bird freaks....HA HA...It's an affinity that I picked up while I was in grade school.

Winged Migration...just made me TIRED. After hours of flap, flap, flapping... I needed a layover at the local Hilton, a Jacuzzi and a serious massage.

----------------

On 10/9/2004 5:01:20 PM synthfreek wrote:

This was a fantastic movie although I could've done without the violent hunting images. The sound was crisp and perfect for this movie. This writer or director has also made the equally awesome Microcosmos which is a companion piece on the insect world. This is a highly recommended film.

----------------

Yeah there flying all peacefull then bam! It's like what the heck I wasn't expecting that. I also seen that Microcosmos and that was very cool too. I love good nature flicks. I wish I had a hi def tv with hi def discovery channel. But it seems like everytime I search that channel I never see wildlife ,or anything just detective and forensic stuff.

I have this on dvd. Bought it sight unseen based on all the good reviews. I was a little dissappointed because I wasn't expecting an all out nature documentary. It was good until they got to the penguin part where the baby penguin gets killed by that ****ing bird. I love penguins. They are my favourite animal. When I saw that scene, a small part of me died along with that baby penguin. I will never be the same.