King's X

m00n

LOL... love your'e quote at the bottom of your posts.... too funny!

Anyway, Yea I remember Kings X... can't quite remember the names of any tunes but I remember listening to them back in the day :) Seems to me I remember seeing on VH1 that the lead singer became a Transvestite or something like that? I could be wrong but I think it was Kings X?? Doesn't matter...music was still good.

----------------

On 10/13/2004 9:56:10 AM Joe Shmoe wrote:

LOL... love your'e quote at the bottom of your posts.... too funny!

----------------

hehe...

Yeah I whipped out one of their CDs last night that I have and was very impressed with how good they were. At least back then, not sure how good they are today.

I used to have Faith Hope Love but lost it, and I still have their self titled King's X cd.

Oh how I miss good rock and roll. They could take 99% of the music that has come out in the last 14 years, throw it in the sh1t can and it wouldn't be missed.

I saw them at a local club. I own, a few, okay, ALL their albums. They are very talented. The bass lines are heavy and a great test of your system's bass extension. If you want a real good KX album, check out DOGMAN. Another clever play on words. Mr. Bulbous is good also. So is Manic Moonlight.

Yeah, Doug, the bassist, deals with issues. The guitarist, Ty Tabor, who has been playing guitar since he was around 10, is remarried, and the drummer is divorced. All this after saying that they would never allow the band to get in the way of their marriages. I have read a lot about them, as you could guess. Ty uses a unique electronic effect on his guitar and also mixes all their stuff these days. (Ty even has a signature guitar through Yamaha.) They put a song, Legal Kill, on Faith Hope Love which was about abortion. I think that killed (no pun intended) their mainstream support. But they even played at Woodstock II. I remember seeing them play and the crowd looked perplexed, like, "Who are these guys?"

If they are ever in your area, go see them. It is worth an hour trip, IMO. There will be a WIDE variety of people there, young, 40ish, straight, not-so-straight, whatever. You would blend right in. Most go for the music, which is very good. Real musicians, this trio. And they won't puke on stage.

Ah.... I was over at the metalsudge site and someone there had a post on Kings X, I may have been right after all? LOL... anyway, I don't own any Kings x, so I had to download some... thanks for the post mOOn, it's good stuff.

Oh Yeah, I also checked out some Pretty Boy Floyd, remember them at all? To my surprise, that stuff was pretty good also!

Ah yes.. almost forgot, I stumbled upon a band called "NIGHTWISH" through a good friend of mine. I guess they have been out since 1996. They originate from Finland. Pretty cool stuff.... along the lines of Evanesence, maybe a little more metal/keyboard oriented.