Will KV 3 OR 4's work with Fortes?

Bill H.

The obvious choice and perfect match is the Academy, this you already know. I would try and squeeze in another Forte' with the bottom base removed for a center for the absolute best match.

Someone here on the forum has used a KV-3 with a pair of Forte's or Chorus's with good results from what I remember. Other choices may be the KG 2.2V or KG 2.5V that would work reasonably well I would think. Popbumber tried a Heresy II for his center but found the Heresy II way too forward (bright) for the Forte's.

I have been using a KV-4 as additional center reinforcement along with my La Scala since the La Scala is on its side and the dispersion pattern is narrow. I can honestly not tell that the KV-4 is there it blends very well with the La Scala, but everyone's ears are different.

In fact the KV-4 is more rare than the Academy as it was only made for one year 1996-1997 and only came finished in black.

I am selling a KV-4 right now and it is going to eBay by the end of the week.

I used a KV-3 with my Forte II's for a long time. I found it to be a good match and I would recommend it. I moved on to the Academy because I just had to have one. Yes, the Academy is a better match, near perfect in fact, but if you don't have the absurd amount of money it takes to get one don't worry about it. You'll love the KV-3.

IIRC, Jayhawk used a KV-4 with his Forte II's and thought it was a little bright for them. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I talked with him about that.