DVD Setup for projector

SCOOTERDOG

As many of you already know I just got my SP4805 projector. I will need to change my settings on my dvd player for 16x9 etc. I noticed that my dvd player(Technics DVD A10) only has settings for LCD or CRT projectors, not DLP. The question is which would be the best setting for the sp4805, LCD or CRT

I expect feedback from my forum buddies since no one over at the AVS forum has bothered to reply.

Thanks

Scooter

I'm looking at buying the 4805 Projector myself, I just saw one the other day and fell in love with the little thing (shame about the noisy fan though, But you can't have it all!) I have spent months trying to learn as much as poss about this projector.

I would suggest trying the LCD setting, The LCD way of doing things is very similar to how DLP operates, Yes I know that LCD blocks light and DLP reflects light using the mirrors on the DLP chip, But DLP or LCD is a tottally different system when comparing to CRT tube projectors.

Try both but I would suggest the LCD will be the best solution.

I gave up on the AVS Forums, there so pedantic about extracting every little detail from there projectors it is almost insane! I understand wanting an awesome picture but spending countless hundreds of dollars on a cable to extract maybe a 1 or 2% difference just defy's logic, Why not put money into buying a better projector, but hey it keeps them happy and off the streets at night! 3.gif

I agree with the above. The selection should probably read Digital or CRT instead of LCD or CRT. You can always try both and see.

Now as far as people spending $$$$ for cables to get the last 1 or 2% from a projector that is no different then people spending $$$$$$ on speaker cables or high end interconnects.

Laters,

Jeff

I have an infocus x1, what an awesome little projector for 900 bucks. Mine looks great. I bet your 4805 looks better yet. Don't know about the settings to pick from, my dvd player doesnt have any of those. Just had to chime in since you mention the 4805

Yeah once I get it up and running I'll play with both settings to see what kind of results I'll get. Got the projector mounted to the ceiling tonight and ran half of the cables until I ran out of track. Must go back to home depot for anothe 10'. The cables I used would not all go into a single track so I ended up having to run 2 side by side. The screen arrived today (big sucker)so I will install it on Thursday after the carpet people finish installing. I thought I might have to wait almost 2-3 weeks for the cleanup to get everything setup but service masters did a bang up job getting everything done. Will snap some pics this weekend to share.

scooter

What size of screen are you looking at running?

Are you running DVI or Component?

I had alook at one the other day running component and it was very impressive, In fact the dealer that had it on display suggested I not use it on DVI as he said I would have to spend a fortune to upgrade to a DVD player to support it, He suggested holding off until next year as DVI will be more readily supported.

The screen is a 16:9 106" diag Draper Luma. I am running component as I too do not have a DVI output on my dvd player. When I looked at this they had it hooked up both ways so they could switch betweeen the two inputs. To be honest there was a slight difference with DVI being better but not enough to make me replace my DVD player yet. But i will in the next year or so.

scooter