Pink Floyd song remake

m00n

So yesterday I was on my way home, I was channel surfing and stopped when on one of the local rock & roll radio stations I heard a remake of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall followed by Goodby Curel World... Anyone else hear this song yet? Anyone know who it's by?

I'm sure Pink Floyd purests will scoff, but, it was actually quit good. It had a harder, crunchier sound to it. Almost, I stress Almost, Metallica sounding.

I really enjoy listening to Pink Floyd. I always have, even back in the late 60's when I bought an 8-Track of 'UMMAGUMMA'. ...yes, I did say "8-track'! LOL

But the thing that I find most frustrating about this group, is that even as Avante Guard and progressive as they've remained throughout their career, they are so behind the times in regards to releasing a new concert DVD. 'The Pulse' CD-set was released in 1995 (nine years ago). From the first time I heard it I felt is was one of the best live albums I have heard to date. However, the band was supposed to release 'The Pulse' as a live concert video DVD a few years ago for Christmas 2000. It was delayed due to one reason or another. Then, it was to be released again this summer. Then, September. Now, I have discovered that it was released "very oddly" as Amazon puts it, as a very limited release "at some time" and it is now out-of-print everywhere!

GRRRR!!!!! 7.gif

Can someone please explain to me why we have a group here that has broken so many rules and crossed so many barriers in its 35-year careeer, yet, the newest live concert video we get to watch of them was made in freaking 1974 (Pompeii)?? PHOOEY!! 15.gif

From braindamage.com

We had a call last night from Pink Floyd's management, to let us know the latest on the long-anticipated release on DVD of the live concert video, PULSE. Whilst they were hoping to get it out in time for Christmas, certain factors have meant that they are now aiming at February/March 2005 for the 2-disc DVD to hit the stores.

It has seemed to have developed into a bit of a long-running saga, with the band and management very keen to get it done and dusted, but with various factors holding this up. The February/March date is is by no means confirmed though - but looks very realistic now, and is what the band and management think will now happen.

One of the reasons for the delay, is to make more technical adjustments and improvements. This particular DVD has a lot of complex features, and some adjustments to things like the menus has had to be done. The band want to make sure that this release represents the pinnacle of live concert DVDs, and so are happy to delay it if it means that the quality is just right. It now seems that most of the technical issues and cosmetic tweaks are complete.

I too am waiting for this. I have it on laserdisc which is awesome but can't wait for a 5.1 mix.

scooter

To: braindamage.com (not to Scooterdog): Yeah, that's all good but, that takes TEN YEARS???? C'MON ALREADY!!! I'm sure glad it doesn't take ten years to roll out something "less important", like A NEW CAR! SHEESH!

Scooter: Thank a bunch for the update info, pal! I'll be waiting right along side with you!

• 2 weeks later...