Acoustech Speakers

thuway

Hey guys,

Listening to Klipsch references on many different occasions I came accross the Acoustech Speaker line. For 699.99 at Costco, one can get a full system with a sub. I was wondering what anyone here's thoughts on this speaker was, because a professional review claims they are better than the RB-35s... here is the link:

http://www.audaud.com/audaud/MAR04/component/comp1.html

I haven't heard this speaker personally, but it sounds really exciting..... any impressions?

1) That guy is not a professional reviewer. He's a joke. That entire site is a joke.

2) It does not "sound exciting," it just LOOKS exciting, because it's a straight rip-off of the Reference series. They are seconds. They are hand-me-downs. Used and damaged goods.

3) A FULL SPEAKER package for **$700** at COSTCO. There are 3 things wrong in that sentence. Can you find them?

4) That guy is not a professional reviewer. He's a joke.

Hello:

The Acoustech line is only a shadow of Klipsch. To be honest you would be better off looking for used Klipsch either here on the Forum or AudiogoN. www.audiogon.com.

At least you would be sure of what you ARE getting.

No-one knows whether "Acoustech" may have had anything to do with the review. But things are usually reviewed in more than one place. I wonder where any negative reviews may be?

I travelled from Rochester, NY to Baltimore, MD and back in one day to pick up a set of Cornwall IIs. Worth every minute of driving. Met GaryMD - great guy, ate crab cakes, heard his system - excellent one at that.

So as they say, buyer beware - you get what you pay for when buying new.

dodger

EDIT: Forgive my manners, welcome to the Forum!

Note the UPS just delivered thread.

End Edit

A fishy "review" ,the "reviewer" got a nice bonus from the company who copied Klipsch.And like by accident he compares his "better" speakers with the "lesser" Klipsch speakers.

Smells like rotten meat to me

Well I cannot wait to hear Dynaudio ripoffs...HiVi Research..they do research..theycopy other's work and they claim its their own.

Down with rippoff garbage,and Cosco has quality audio! LOL What is next coffins,wait they have that.

11.gif

I brought up the subject about a month ago, and the thread was finally deleted by a moderator. I was of the opinion that it should have been left there for people such as yourself to find and be educated.

Anyway, I had posted about the same info on another forum, which you can find here:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/103834.html

In this post, you'll see that I question the legitimacy of the whole thing. The speakers are advertised with quotes from "reviews" that are actually all from the same one, a reviewer who has never before, nor since, reviewed speakers. The review makes the smaller weight and size of the Acoustech line appear to be an advantage, and of course finds the Acoustech much superior to Klipsch.

At $1200 (selling on some sites and ebay), they are likely a rip-off. You'd be better off with a Synergy line from Klipsch. At $699, they could be an interesting deal as a cheap way into HT, but don't kid yourself into thinking they are better than Klipsch.

You could buy some and give us a review!

Peter

----------------

On 10/28/2004 7:57:30 PM psg wrote:

I brought up the subject about a month ago, and the thread was finally deleted by a moderator. I was of the opinion that it should have been left there for people such as yourself to find and be educated.

----------------

It's unfortunate that the thread was flushed... but I did post a reply in the follow up Klipsch Look-A-Likes thread. The specs BIC posts simply don't jive... and they share nothing in common with the Klipsch speakers. I'll just quote my last post...

----------------

On 10/24/2004 10:50:24 PM formica wrote:

The
are without a doubt very different from the Klipsch Reference series, which their promotional text aspires too. Having the same colour woofers do not make them sound similar. The colouring, even in the Reference series, is much more about marketing than performance.

These seem to aim the RF-25 Ht setup with dual 6-1/2 woofers, which according to their ad saves you a whopping 225$?? Without doing a numerical analysis, the BIC enclosure size is much smaller... almost 40% smaller... yet they still manage to have a better (only according to their data) bass response... extending 10Hz lower. They obviously don't pretend to use the same components.

As stated by Hoffmans iron law; efficiency, bass extension, and enclosure size are mutually exclusive interrelated factors. In other words, improving performance in one will decrease performance in the others. Yet BIC has managed to SIGNIFICANTLY improve enclosure size (it's smaller) and bass response... but defied physics by only loosing a SINGLE db of efficiency??

Another item that jumps to the eye is the LARGE port in the front of the enclosure. The larger the port, the longer it needs to be to achieve a tuning. Given the enclosure is only 8" deep... I'm really unsure how they managed to tune it to the 35Hz range??

These are obviously very different speakers, with their own sound and questionable specs... but share nothing in common with the Klipsch Reference. The way I see it... you could be comparing the latest Toshiba or Sony or even TheatreResearch speakers, selling for only 225$ less.

Where are those yellow B?LL$HIT buttons when you need one? Can someone post an image for me here?

----------------

At 225$ less expensive than the target Klipsch product... I honestly think the BICs are WAY over priced!!

Later...

Rob