Which surrounds should I choose?

guidedbyvoices

Welcome to the forum.

What's the maximum size you can fit? The RS series are pretty small and they'd match your front speakers perfectly. I'd see if RS3s (or RS3IIs) will fit although I'm not sure they are still being sold new. They're about a foot wide, 8" tall and 8" deep. I'm just guessing though. You can get exact dimensions from the Klipsch home page. The newer series (RS35s?) would probably do just as well. Whatever you do, stay with the reference series to get the best timbre match.

----------------

On 10/30/2004 11:12:12 PM myriadcorp wrote:

I'm not sure putting a speaker into a wall that was not made for that use is smart. Maybe look at some inwall type speakers. I know triadspeakers.com has some good ones that can be used both in wall and out of wall.

----------------

I think the guy above you meant RCW-5, which are "in-wall" speakers. Unfortunatly, they are no-longer in production, according to the product info page. The current version would be the R-5800 W

That would be what I would suggest doing, if wanting to mount speakers in the columns, but make them descrete. That is assuming there is enough space in the column to fit the in-wall speaker.

----------------

On 10/30/2004 11:12:12 PM myriadcorp wrote:

I'm not sure putting a speaker into a wall that was not made for that use is smart. Maybe look at some inwall type speakers. I know triadspeakers.com has some good ones that can be used both in wall and out of wall.

----------------

For the purpose of timbre matching, I would stay away from mixing other brands of speakers with Klipsch Reference. The result can be having the sound seem to jump from speaker to speaker rather than enveloping you as it should. You have enough choices with Klipsch so that there is no need to look elsewhere.

JR