rf-25 vs synergy f-3

richeydog

Hello everyone. My brother is interested in starting a home theater system for he and his wife. He went to best buy with his wife and listened to all the speakers and the synergy b-3's and f-3's came out on top. The clarity and detail helped make their decision. Budget wise he wants to start with bookshelves first, then move them to the rear when he has the money for floorstanders. The problem I have is this. The f-3's cost $850 a pair. The rf-25's at good guys are a little less at $800 a pair. I understand that that the reference line is better in performance. What could he expect to gain (bass,mids,highs and overall performance)if I could convince him to buy the rf-25's instead?

The reference series (from my experience with it) is much better - more detail and better soundstage. The drivers in the 25-series speakers produce BEAUTIFUL midrange. I would say RF-25s all the way!

Just make sure to pair up a good musical sub with them. I would suggest the Klipsch RW-12.

I think it depends what kind of improvements they are looking for. The rf 25 have a very clean sound that will not be abtained by f3 however, the f3 have a little more bass. Also the lines look quite different. If he doesn't like cooper, then synergy line is the way to go. Sound quality wise, I would go for the rf25.

Hope that helps..

The local goodguys is having a 10% sale on all loudspeakers until november 10th. That would bring the rb-25 closer in price to the synergy bookshelf he's looking at. I'll mention the sale to him, give him some advice about the reference line and let him decide what he wants. Thanks for your help, Richeydog.