babys first klipsch forte II

archady

just bought a pair of forte II and have spent the weekend reading this forum. I must say this is one of the best organized forums ive ever seen with enthusiatic helpful members almost as impressive as these forte II's. I like others now need a new center channel, any academys out there none on ebay

In my view, the Klipsch organization made a mistake in suggesting that the Academy was the proper match for so many speakers.

It implies it is the only or best one. Additionally, there seems to have not been a big run of Academy.

Whatever its merits, the Academy doesn't seem to have any special qualities over other Klipsch centers.

Certainly another Forte II or Quartet would be an excellent center. Though there is a size issue.

Gil

While the KLF-C7 and KV-4 are bigger centers they do not come close in the clear accurate reproduction of dialogue like the Academy does. I have owned a KG 2.2V, KLF-C7 and the KV-4, the Academy commands the price for a reason! It just plain sounds better than the others. It's overall tone is matched marvelously to the Psuedo Heritage speakers and it blends perfectly with my center La Scala to the point that the speakers operate as one, you cannot distinguish that there are two speakers there.

I always thought, what is all the fuss about until I recently got one for a good price, now I know! You don't have to struggle to hear the dialogue even on poorly mixed DVD's. If you have not heard an Academy and think that the KLF-C7, KV-4, or KG 2.2V, KG 2.5V are better or good enough you are fooling yourself!

----------------

On 11/8/2004 8:32:41 AM Frzninvt wrote:

While the KLF-C7 and KV-4 are bigger centers they do not come close in the clear accurate reproduction of dialogue like the Academy does. I have owned a KG 2.2V, KLF-C7 and the KV-4, the Academy commands the price for a reason! It just plain sounds better than the others. It's overall tone is matched marvelously to the Psuedo Heritage speakers and it blends perfectly with my center La Scala to the point that the speakers operate as one, you cannot distinguish that there are two speakers there.

I always thought, what is all the fuss about until I recently got one for a good price, now I know! You don't have to struggle to hear the dialogue even on poorly mixed DVD's. If you have not heard an Academy and think that the KLF-C7, KV-4, or KG 2.2V, KG 2.5V are better or good enough you are fooling yourself!

----------------

How does the Academy stack up with the La Scala top section you stuck er....sold3.gif me? I do feel it is doing a good job as a center even though I had to add a box speaker to pick up the bass. I think it is fairly well matched but I could have bought another pair of Heresys to act as center and rear channel for what it ended up costing with shipping from one coast to the other3.gif

I guess what I am asking is "is there enough difference with the academy to make it worth while to scout out one for my center, you are in a position to know as you have had both"