KLF 30's worth?

Dylanl

If near mint, the range would be $800-1000, although occasionally you will find a pair for $700-800. Just my two cents based on watching the ebay and audiogon markets. Orion bluebook will always be less but I've found their values to always be off as they primarily deal with wholesale value to pawn shops, etc...

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, they are great for rock and roll, I bought a pair in 97 from tweeter for a grand, they were wonderful om rock...I like the Corns better...I still have to check out the Chorus II's.

The used market has been 600-1000 for the 30's. More than the cornwalls, chorus, forte, heresy, ect. They do rock, and have a small footprint..6.gif9.gif

I used the KLF 20s before getting my La Scalas. My living room is 15 X 15 and the KLF 20s sound better than the La Scalas. The LS sound very good at low to mid listening levels but they overpower the room when you start to get loud. The 20s and I'm sure the 30s sound very good with rock, Audioslave is especially good, and everything else. The LS sounded ok on the equipment I was using with the KLF 20s but I did not buy LS to sound just ok. So I upgraded on the equipment and now the LS sound very good but a larger living room would help. So if someone is looking for a very good used KLipsch speaker for a small to medium size living room the KLF 30 would be a excellent choice!

Xman

Dylan,

As you can see in my signature I have 5...9.gif

I watched Ebay for a long time before I bought mine from a forum member earlier this year. Most 30's in good to excellent condition go for $900-$1100/pair on Ebay. Speakers with cosmetic or woofer cone damage fall into the $700-800 range per pair. Remember, these prices are the "public" market place. Private person to person sales often occur at less than market for a variety on reasons. Here on the forum we often do business as a family and therefore a little less than market rates.

Hope this helps.

Redtop

Ask for a copy of the receipt...2.gif

If I remember correctly, full retail for a new pair was $1,995.00. The bottom line is that even if they were perfect condition, they won't sound any better than mine and I paid less than 1/3 of what he did...9.gif

Happy Hunting!

I bought a pair of 30'S a few years ago from Sound Advice here in Florida for $544.00 a pair. They were just looking to get rid of them since Klipsch had discontinued that model . I had to drive from the Orlando area to Ft.Lauderdale ( 3 hours or better), but I felt that it was worth it. I still have them, and my old pair of Fortes that I still used from time to time.

Brad