Can you say 'Purple'?

Mighty Favog

B&W speakers are NOT horn loaded. They use the "horn" (really a tapered transmission line) BEHIND the drivers to absorb all sound coming from the back of the drivers. I heard the 801's hooked up to one of those 1000 watt amps and jumper-cables. They sounded completely FLAT. A piano sounded like one of those little things kids play. I'll take my 'scalas with my 60 watt/channel tube/MOSFET integrated amp any day over that pool-room setup!

Sure, the B%W's are pretty. My 'scalas are ugly as hell but they SOUND GREAT! I like to listen to them in the dark anyway.

Ed

OOsting,

I couldn't agree more when it comes to the 801!!!

And the beauty of my Khorns also lies in their musicality. Mention Klipsch amongst so-called audio experts over here and they look at you as if you are from another (inferior) planet. Boy, who cares? Listening to my Mc/Klipsch combo sounds a hundred times better to my ears than either the 801's or any Avalon/ML combo which is very popular these days. I am sure that all those costly pieces of equipment are fine pieces of engineering, but to me none of them sounds musical enough. Surely Klipsch speakers have their faults too, but I can (and will) surely live with them until ....well, let it be a long time.

Wolfram