California Audio Labs

Flason

Flason,

The quick research I see has all been very positive. MSRP is around 650.00. Here is a quick quote I got from the University Audio site..........good Luck.

DX-2 Compact Disc Player

California Audio Labs recalibrates expectations with the new DX-2 Compact Disc Player: uncompromised high-end playback performance in an affordable package. Updated from the best-selling DX-1, the DX-2 offers a newly designed circuit with beefier power supply isolation board and improved analog stage. Sophisticated in its simplicity and free from useless features, the DX-2 delivers maximum musicality for the money.

Jump on it!3.gif

I don't think the company is in business anymore. Don't know if that really matters though since warranty isn't an issue. I thought $150 was good but reading some old reviews, they were going for $300 or less new toward the end of the company.

But is the Icon twice as good as the DX-2? I know it's not a lot of money, but I'm a "best bang for the buck" type of guy. I currently have a Sony C79ES that I bought from a forum member which I really like, but I can spend $150 easy enough to test the difference. $300, on the other hand, then my "Rib Fest" weekend is shot!9.gif

----------------

On 11/10/2004 6:17:07 PM Flason wrote:

But is the Icon twice as good as the DX-2? I know it's not a lot of money, but I'm a "best bang for the buck" type of guy. I currently have a Sony C79ES that I bought from a forum member which I really like, but I can spend $150 easy enough to test the difference. $300, on the other hand, then my "Rib Fest" weekend is shot!
9.gif
----------------

The Icon is not twice as good but it's about 50% better (JMHO 1.gif )