Chinese 2a3 integrated

Daddy Dee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67807&item=5730723392&rd=1&tc=photo

Anyone seen one of these or know anything about it?

Listing appears to be "Audio One"

The prices on these Chinese amps are amazing. Not in the market, but curious. It would be interesting to get under the hood and see how it's built.

Yeh, it does have that thick plate on the front that seems to adorn high end gear, but that part is simply for appearance.

Some time ago, Mark Deneen posted an articulate response to a thread about an amp such as this, as I remember, anyway.

It is unlikely to run across a genuine sleeper such as one would hope with a good deal on an amp like this. Might be o.k. as an entry level amp.

The shipping is high, and if it should arrive DOA, it could take six months or more to end up with a replacement from the seller. I wonder who would pay for the shipping on that?

The price is probably correct. With the falling dollar, I'd expect to see some of these "bargains" cost more soon.

I guess you never really know until it is too late.

I just realized they were based out of hong kong. That could put a damper on things I would have thought the market would be hotter there for such an amp. If I had the extra cash I would give it a try I have a friend with heresey's who would be happy with it if it sounded decent. Wish they had posted parts and schematics.

DSCF1533_72.jpg

As the owner of two Hong Kong made tube components, I have to admit they're not bad. Of course they're not up there with WAVAC, Cary Audio, Manley Labs, deHavilland, Cyrus Brenneman, VAC, McIntosh, Acoustic Research, conrad-johnson, etc. But they are well built and use decent parts. Granted, I was also attracted by the low prices...I knew I couldn't afford most other high end SET amps, even used was out of the question! I decided to take a chance, and I'm glad I did. And if I ever want Alps or Hammond parts to improve the sound, I can always upgrade the components later on.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Take a chance.2.gif

post-11084-13819259308448_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Daddy.

----------------

On 11/11/2004 5:20:26 PM seti wrote:

..."If I had the extra cash I would give it a try I have a friend with heresey's who would be happy with it if it sounded decent. Wish they had posted parts and schematics."

----------------

E-mail the manufacturer...maybe he does list his parts and provides schematics...BEZ does.

Dylanl,

Thanks. Went back to find your post and noticed the pic of the amp is a little different. Kind of makes one wonder about the seller and the pics they post on Ebay. Wonder which amp would actually get shipped.

I can make out "soundtrack" on the faceplate, but can't find anything on google. Did you ever run across any internet info on this amp?

No, but I did buy some banana/spade terminals that I used on my Klipschorn bass door. The quality was exceptional. I have spoken to this guy many times about his amps. It is very hard at times to understand him. The reason I did not go with this is because of 2 reasons:

1. No chance to listen without buying

2. No return policy ( If I do not like it I am stuck )

I really like the option of the DIY that was mentioned a few posts up. I wonder how the Joplin sounds?

Sorry, Dylanl...I never saw your post, or I would've responded.

I find both integrated amps intriguing, but Daddy brings up a good point; which versions are they presently shipping to their customers? I like the chrome with straight faceplate, but I also like the choke/transformer(?) covers in front of the dual rectifiers, etc. The brushed aluminum top plate doesn't do it for me, though, but this is just aesthetics...what are the innards like? And are there differences internally between the two versions, or is it all just cosmetics?

When I bought my BEZ Model T3B 300B SET amp from Edmund Lam of Hong Kong, I wasn't aware that this model had been already discontinued. No sooner did I receive my 300B amp then I noticed his latest model T3B-3 on eBay (a totally different design layout, both electrically and aesthetically), and only a few months later a newer version of the T3B-3, with only cosmetic differences (tube layout is slightly different, and the gain control knob is centrally located instead of being to the right of the faceplate). Seems these small-time Chinese manufacturers don't always notify their Western customers of their updated versions IMO. BEZ doesn't have a current website that I know of, although their products were on a Chinese DIY audio site a year ago that I can no longer find (nor read!). I haven't found anything under "Soundtrack", but maybe there's online info under "Weaudio"...worth a look.

Dylanl, My brother doesn't have the DIY Joplin, but the assembled version from Opera Audio, the Consonance M100SE 60 watt PP integrated amp (uses EL34/6550/KT88 for output tubes). The Joplin jpeg I came across on another forum and saved...I assume Opera Audio has a link on their site for all their DIY amp projects.

consonance.jpg

As for the previously mentioned updated versions, I bought the same model 300B amp that was auctioned on eBay (even if it was just discontinued), so I received exactly what I saw on the auction's description (plus Edmund has a 90 day warranty). I've noticed now on all of the BEZ auctions that if a model is being replaced with a newer version, that Edmund mentions the update on his auctions that require this info. I just wonder if the Weaudio (Soundtrack) auction on eBay is accurate, and if the buyer gets exactly what's described on that particular auction. If there's a new improved model and I'm in the market to buy, then I'd at least would want to know about it!

post-11084-13819259310648_thumb.jpg