RF-7 problem

Hardhitter

A wire may not have been securely attached at the factory. Access to the bottom woofer's wiring is best from the crossover's opening. The top woofer is best accessed from the horn tweeter's opening. A Torx driver of the proper size is needed to gain access.

Yours would not be the first RF-7 to have a wire fall off.

Before you inspect the wire indside the speaker, try to gently move the bad woofer's cone without any signal persent. If it moves like there is sand paper inside, then the voice coil is shot and a new woofer is needed.

Very rarely does anyone report a problem with RF-7s. My Reference 7 setup has never given me any problem.

Bill

Will opening the speaker myself void the warranty? I once opened my brothers cd changer to pull out his discs before it went in for sevice. They charged him for the repair and said it had been opened up, yada yada.

And if I do open it up is there anything that I need to know first? Short wires, etc.?

Thanks for the input.

Klipsch isn't that small minded, just great folks from the top to the bottom -- don't worry about it.

You'll need a size 20 Torx bit. Just remove the terminal cup in the back, and pull it out. You'll find the crossover attached to the back, and I would start by checking the wiring to the back of the binding posts, and then follow up with a peak inside and see if both wires are attached to the woofer in question. I'm betting something wiggled off.